Handgunhunt

Need Some HHM Business Input

Posted By: RH Custom Guns

Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/12/2018 7:20 PM

Hey gang, I need your advice.

I have been running a gunsmithing/custom gun building shop for over 11 years, chasing my tail trying to be everything to everyone. Hunting, specifically with handguns, has been my biggest consistent passion since getting into guns as a kid, though I've never thought of building a business around it until recently. Now, I'm working on turning my business into a specialty shop for handgun hunters. I'm thinking of having some retail dedicated to the sport, as well as some custom/semi-custom handgun options. With the advent of the internet, it's much easier to reach out to passionate or potential handgun hunters all over.

I'm absolutely not trying to sell myself, I'd just love some advice, questions, or suggestions from the group. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/12/2018 7:31 PM

I would encourage you just to have people send you private messages, and then you can start a dialogue with them.
Posted By: Zee

Re: Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/12/2018 8:16 PM

Don?t be a douche.

That goes a long way in getting and keeping customers. That, and actually knowing what you?re doing to put out a good product.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/12/2018 8:52 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/12/2018 11:36 PM

SELL QUALITY, AND STAND BEHIND YOUR WORK. DON'T BE AFRAID TO INCORPORATE PARTS AND SIGHTS PRODUCED BY OTHERS. LOOKS ARE OK, BUT WHEN I OPT FOR CUSTOM WORK I AM LOOKING TO MAKE THE GUN A BETTER SHOOTER. WILL YOU BE WORKING ON SA AND/OR DA REVOLVERS, AUTO'S, SINGLE SHOTS, AND/OR WHAT?
Posted By: RH Custom Guns

Re: Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/13/2018 3:38 PM

45MAN - I haven't nailed down exactly what types of guns I'll be working on. I love, use, and have worked on them all. I get what you're saying about functionality over looks - I'd always like to have both, though! I am absolutely planning on using parts and accessories made by others.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Need Some HHM Business Input - 11/15/2018 4:04 PM

I'd be interested, if nothing else, in stopping by your shop to visit sometime. I live in New Braunfels and my lease is in Junction so I'm out that way frequently. I work for a grocery store chain based in SA and could tie a 'store visit' day into coming through Fredericksburg.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums