Handgunhunt

Do You?

Posted By: junebug

Do You? - 01/30/2019 5:58 PM

James's question got me to wondering. When camping how many actually sleep with a light and pistol under the pillow or within EASY reach.Not just somewhere close but where you can reach it quickly, in the dark without thinking. I have spent many many nights with my hand wrapped around or on a pistol grip under my pillow.Am I paranoid? I don't think so, but it has always been a comfort to wake up, look around and nod back off with that familiar grip still in my hand.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Do You? - 01/30/2019 6:02 PM

Originally Posted By: junebug
James's question got me to wondering. When camping how many actually sleep with a light and pistol under the pillow or within EASY reach.Not just somewhere close but where you can reach it quickly, in the dark without thinking. I have spent many many nights with my hand wrapped around or on a pistol grip under my pillow.Am I paranoid? I don't think so, but it has always been a comfort to wake up, look around and nod back off with that familiar grip still in my hand.

I always have both very close by. Don't do you any good if you can't get them in a hurry.
Posted By: Zee

Re: Do You? - 01/30/2019 7:01 PM

Open ground, tent, home, or hotel. The answer is ?yes?.

😁
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Do You? - 01/30/2019 8:23 PM

Me, too. .475L in AK, .40 or .45 elsewhere.
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Do You? - 01/30/2019 9:38 PM

Yup. Always within reach when out in the woods.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Do You? - 01/30/2019 11:37 PM

Always.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Do You? - 01/31/2019 11:24 AM

JB, All my hunts in Alaska had everyone with a handgun close by...
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: Do You? - 02/03/2019 5:38 PM

yes sir i do. I will usually have a big knife too.
Posted By: adbhowler

Re: Do You? - 02/04/2019 12:48 PM

Always.
Posted By: billa

Re: Do You? - 02/05/2019 4:42 AM

Guns, flashlights and knives are always within easy reach. Carry the biggest one of each that you can discreetly and have a bigger one within reach.
Posted By: Paul_H

Re: Do You? - 02/06/2019 6:10 PM

Live in Alaska, check, camp in Alaska, check, have owned a 480 since they came out, check. Yes, it's within reach when camping.

Flashlight is sometimes nearby, but during parts of the summer it honestly never gets dark enough to need a flash light. Hunting in the fall, we actually get some darkness.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Do You? - 02/07/2019 5:46 AM

My main carry piece is a Glock Model 38. Picture a Gen 3 G19 in 45 Glock Auto Pistol (45GAP). I also have a Gen 4 G23, a 3" S&W Model 66. My 480 Alaskan is my snake gun with shot loads. We do have bears here, but I have never encountered one in the woods. We do have two legged vermin just like every where else, just not in the quantity's others have them. I live pretty close to Mayberry.

Bob R
Posted By: RSW

Re: Do You? - 02/07/2019 10:15 PM

Yep .44 Mag S&W 4", good knife and a light.
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: Do You? - 02/09/2019 3:15 AM

Yep here too.
Gun, Light, and Knife.
Always, everywhere, every moment of the day.
I even carry my Streamlight in my pocket during the day, because lights go out, or I enter dark areas to work.

My kids grew up thinking that's what normal people do. They learned gun safety from their first breath.
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Do You? - 02/11/2019 11:22 AM

It has been some years since i was camping for the fun of it. I'm not sleeping on the ground anymore unless Uncle Sam starts paying me to do so again. At my age I do not see that happening. Back when I used to spend a week or more in the woods fishing and what not I had a Single Six with me. Near at hand, more or less; at/in hand or under my pillow, NO. (pillow in the woods?:) Even back then I had a bladder the size of a mustard seed so a small light was kept in the boots that way you could find it in the dark.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Do You? - 02/12/2019 8:29 PM

Absolutely.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums