Handgunhunt

Having some fun with a friend

Posted By: Ernie

Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 2:38 PM

I was able to spend about three hours shooting out at Chuck?s Place. Dan Ekstrom met me there, and we shot a number of specialty pistols. The first one, was a custom shop Remington XP-100, chambered in 6 BR (1-14 twist) that I picked up that is extremely clean. Two different hand loads came with it, plus 3 boxes of Remington factory ammunition. The group that Dan is pointing at is the load that uses the 70 grain Nosler ballistic tip.

The scope that was on there was an old Burris 7x long eye relief. There were also some 60 grain Sierra hollow point loads, and they did not shoot as good. I decided we would just shoot those up so we could use the brass.
The point of impact was very close to the 70 grain bullet, so we begin shooting at 250 yards, with Dan on the pistol. He shot at 250 and 300 yards, and then took a break and I began shooting. To make things more fun I decided to go out to 400 yards, and obviously the holdover was fairly high. I got lucky, and found a spot to hold over on and ran about 10 consecutive hits or so on 10? steel.

I put a Leupold scope on it the day after, which will make things a lot easier. I also put a scope on Denny?s new 6.5 Creed that Chris Rhodes recently built. We shot it at 100 yards, got the scope zeroed, and zeroed the turrets using factory ammo. It is a good shooter.
I picked up a HS precision 22-250 used, and Chris put a brake on it. It has a 1-14 twist, so we used 50 grain VMAX bullets.

I took it all the way out to 750 yards, where it was still shooting under minute of angle. That was just cool for a 50 grain V-Max bullet.
We were both very pleased with its accuracy.
Dan shot his 6 mm creed XP that Chuck McIntosh built out to 500 yards.
Dan and I shot my little Anschutz 22 Magnum at 50 and 100 yards off Bog Gear.
The target above the 6BR group.
The time was packed with a whole lot of trigger time. A great afternoon.
Posted By: tred1956

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 2:54 PM

SWEET!!!!!! Always love to read your posts.

Safe shooting
Doug
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 3:40 PM

ERNIE: WHY THE MUZZLE BRAKE ON THE HS 22-250? NEAT LOOKING GUN.

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 3:53 PM

Using a 8-40 power scope, and I just wanted the SP to just sit there and shoot from any position or hold.
Basically wanted a no-recoil specialty pistol...This allows me to let newbies and young people shoot it without any concerns.
Posted By: karl

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 3:54 PM

Looks like a very fun afternoon.
Posted By: RSW

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 3:54 PM

Nice looking guns and groups!
Posted By: Pa. Mike

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 11:24 PM

Nice looking guns and groups Ernie! Is that the .22-250 I sold you but with a different stock ??? If so ,,, boy was I STUPID !!!

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Pa. Mike
Nice looking guns and groups Ernie! Is that the .22-250 I sold you but with a different stock ??? If so ,,, boy was I STUPID !!!

You are correct...It is the one you sold me-I Love it!
I will cook the throat killing dogs, then it will be rebarreled.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/03/2019 11:57 PM

AMAZING, awesome guys!!
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/04/2019 1:22 PM

Great post. Awesome guns and awesome shooting.

Re: Having some fun with a friend - 05/04/2019 1:58 PM

We had a lot fun-Thanks Guys!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums