Handgunhunt

Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf

Posted By: Chance Weldon

Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 5:11 AM

I stopped by my local store yesterday and saw that they had a Glock G40 10mm long slide on the shelf. It came with a Vortex Venom red dot, three magazines, and a case. They were asking $550 for it.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Would you take it? I would probably give strong consideration to it if I wasn't trying to save up for another Encore barrel.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 7:05 AM

I'd do it... If I didn't have my TRP 10mm already.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 10:17 AM

That?s a good price.
Posted By: JDK

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 12:51 PM

Do it!
Posted By: karl

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 1:07 PM

Definitely fun to shoot and capable of hunting with the right load. IMHO the only drawback is the trigger and the speed at which you can empty a clip. It will keep you busy at the reloading bench if you go that way.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 1:44 PM

That's a great deal since it includes the red dot. I have the exact setup plus a rail light on the front. It's my bedside gun but it also has several hogs/deer/coons on its scoreboard.
Posted By: wheelguns

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 3:14 PM

I guess I would have to ask myself, why the previous owner of the gun got rid of it. The only reason I say this is I had one, and was very disappointed in it. Just not accurate enough for me. I liked the idea of the gun,being able to put a reflex sight on it. Just was not happy with gun. I'm probably to much of a perfectionist, when it comes to handgun accuracy, or just asking to much out of the gun.
Posted By: Jeff460

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 3:42 PM

Go ahead and get it but buy an aftermarket barrel replacement. With the money you saved a Wolf brand barrel might be in order.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/08/2019 3:51 PM

I ordered some Underwood ammo 180 grain ammo and the gun shoots great out to about 75 yards with a red dot. And since I personally wouldn't use a 10mm over about 50 yards and only on smaller hogs/Texas deer, it was perfect for its intended use.

Perhaps if you buy it, you could shoot it as is before investing more money in it, making the whole 'killer deal' thing null and void.

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/09/2019 1:50 AM

Having given it a bit of thought, I've decided I don't want it that badly. However, if one of you is interested in it, I'll give you the store's contact information.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/09/2019 1:18 PM

If my local dealer had the Glock, I might have to make payments on it while also saving up for an Encore barrel. That is a very good buy on it. So far my local dealer has not had one in stock. I hope he does not get in a GP100 10mm Wiley Clapp either.

Chance those Encore barrels are addictive.
First a 260 Remington Bullberry barrel
Next an MGM 7.62x54R (.308 Bore)
Then an MGM 356 Winchester barrel
I traded for what looked like an unfired 1 in 10 twist MGM 221 Fireball 15 inch barrel at the Tulsa Gun Show. I have it sent back to MGM at the moment getting it rechambered and remarked to 223 Remington, and set up for the Bullberry Hanger Bar System.

I think I pretty much have all the Encore bases covered now.
BUT I do have a set of 22-250AI dies in the loading room needing exercised
\:\)

Bob R
Posted By: karl

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/09/2019 4:24 PM

Now that we've moved on to general advice....

Chance, I think you need to save up for a easy open contender with a couple barrels. Something your sister can hunt deer with.
;\)
A nice little 12 or 14" 30-30 with a 22lr or 221 for plinking would fit the bill quite nicely.

Re: Local store has a Glock G40 MOS on the used shelf - 05/09/2019 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: karl
Now that we've moved on to general advice....

Chance, I think you need to save up for a easy open contender with a couple barrels. Something your sister can hunt deer with.
;\)
A nice little 12 or 14" 30-30 with a 22lr or 221 for plinking would fit the bill quite nicely.

I?ve actually tried to get her to try them, but she?s not interested. She seems to be following in my dad and granddad?s philosophy: have a Weatherby rifle with a large scope to give yourself the best chance of success.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums