Handgunhunt

New Ruger .22 Revolver

Posted By: Gregg Richter

New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 5:40 PM

Ruger Wrangler .22
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 7:39 PM

HAVE READ A BUNCH ABOUT THEM ON OTHER INTERNET VENUES. SHUD BE AVAILABLE FOR AROUND $200, THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO SHOOT WELL AND, WHAT THE HECK, FOR AROUND $200 FOR A FIXED SIGHT RUGER "VAQUERO LOOKING/SINGLE SIX TYPE" 22lr REVOLVER, WHAT YOU GOT TO LOSE. I KEEP CHECKING AT THE LOCAL ACADEMY SPORTING GOODS STORE BUT THE COUNTER GUYS THERE DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY SHUD BE AVAILABLE THERE. I WILL GET AT LEAST 1 (THEY COME IN 3 CERAKOTE COLORS).
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 7:42 PM

That looks very interesting.

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 7:57 PM

Took a quick look at Buds, but did not see a listing for the Wrangler. Ruger new model availability has historically been some time after its introductory announcement.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 8:22 PM

I already have a few 22s even a Heritage for when running Traplines. Got on sale new for $100.00 (Watch at Christmas)
It is plenty accurate enough for the closer shots. But the review I read about impressed me with the accuracy of the Wrangler. And,,, The free wheel cylinder is very appealing.
Posted By: Hendog

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 10:53 PM

why wrangler and not proven Single Six?
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/09/2019 11:16 PM

Looks interesting. Only thing I don?t like is the fixed sights, but there is a plethora of other 22 pistols that have them.
Posted By: Jeff460

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/10/2019 1:25 PM

The Wrangler series is designed around a price point and made to to be affordable and of good quality. If it would have adjustable sights it would compete too directly with the Single Six model. Designed correctly, a fixed sight can be accurate. And if it becomes a problem, the front sight can be altered or made replaceable. A well-designed and affordable 22 S,L and Long Rifle capable trail-gun is what this is. Or a just fun gun to shoot and plink around. Heck, you can punch holes in your leather belt with a 22 if you need too.
Posted By: sw282

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/13/2019 12:55 AM

Saw thread on another forum.. Seems most of the groaning is about

the casting quality on the grip frame butt... No talk of bad

groups.. ITS A $200 GUN!!! lf you want real quality in a 22RF go

get a FA 22rf. Just ADD a zero to that two hund dollar Ruger price tag
Posted By: short30

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/13/2019 12:31 PM

I went and looked them over and took a Bronze one home. Time will tell but for the price i don't see how it can fail to satisfy. I have missed the little bearcat ever since it left so this should help fill the hole; from a plinker/fun perspective.

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 05/13/2019 8:09 PM

Lots of discussion on the Ruger forum.

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 07/05/2019 11:50 PM

WENT TO THE ACADEMY STORE TODAY, AND BROUGHT HOME A SILVER AND BLACK WRANGLER (THEY HAD 2 IN STOCK, BOTH SILVER AND BLACK). IT WAS PRICED AT $199. FEELS GOOD, TRIGGER IS NOT TOO BAD, WILL SEE HOW SHE SHOOTS TOMORROW MORNING. AM THINKING IT IS A LOT OF GUN FOR $200, AND THIS MAY BE THE GUN TO LEAVE UP AT THE HIGHPOINT.

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 07/07/2019 4:39 PM

SHOT THE WRANGLER THIS MORNING USING CHEAP REMINGTON AMMO. LOT OF CREEP IN THE TRIGGER BUT YOU GET USED TO IT. THE MORE I SHOT IT THE BETTER I SEEMED TO DO WITH IT. THIS ISN'T A COMPETITION TACK DRIVER SO I WOULD NOT WASTE MONEY ON EXPENSIVE TARGET AMMO, BUT IT IS A DECENT AND FUN PLINKER. MECHANICALLY IT FUNCTIONED VERY WELL, AND I LOVE THE FREE SPIN CYLINDER. DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY.

Re: New Ruger .22 Revolver - 07/27/2019 9:00 PM

MY WRANGLER SHOOTS LOW WITH THE 40gr AND LIGHTER AMMO I HAVE TRIED. HATE TO FILE ON THE CERAKOTED FRONT SIGHT, SO WHAT IS MY SOLUTION? SLOWER AMMO? 45gr AMMO? OR WHAT? HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD THIS TOO LOW PROBLEM? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME IT?
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums