Handgunhunt

Weaver/Bushnell ...

Posted By: PsTaN

Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 2:31 AM

The Weaver 2X I got for Christmas had canted crosshairs so I sent it back for repair or replacement. Weaver warranty is now handled by Bushnell. I was informed that the scope was not repairable and that there was no scope in production to replace it with.

Basically Weaver/Bushnell are no longer producing pistol scopes. Bushnell offered me a new optic, so wanting something suitable for a handgun I chose one of their newer model Red Dots that the CSR said would hold up to recoil. (Bushnell Mini Cannon) I'll review it after a test run.

Just thought I'd let any of you have one of these scopes know there are no replacements. Seems like 45MAN mentioned the lack of scopes out there now in another thread.

P

Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 5:56 PM

Not trying to rain on your parade...seems Bushnell did some of that already, but that Bushnell Mini Cannon seems awfully tall to be mounting on a pistol.

I am not sure if they make a lower profile mount for it, but from their website it looks like it is set up the correct height mount for an AR-15.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 6:57 PM

The unfortunate truth of this, is that more and more handgun scopes are being discontinued....this truly shows just how small of a group we are.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 7:27 PM

But there has been an increase in red dot sights for a variety of applications. Vista (who owns Bushnell and Weaver) talked to me last year about wanting to create a red dot sight for handguns. These big companies drop what doesn't sell. I am not going to be gloom and doom about it because companies like Ruger and Magnum Research are fairly aggressively bringing out new products for handgun hunting. We are, however, a relatively small group and therefore cannot afford to be divided. We also need to support companies that produce products for us as handgun hunters.

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 8:32 PM

Tube red dot with magnification? That would be nice.

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 9:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 98Redline
Not trying to rain on your parade...seems Bushnell did some of that already, but that Bushnell Mini Cannon seems awfully tall to be mounting on a pistol.

I am not sure if they make a lower profile mount for it, but from their website it looks like it is set up the correct height mount for an AR-15.

I'm hoping the mount can be lowered, or is adjustable. They (Bushnell) seemed to think it was and indicated this sight would handle Big Bore Handgun. We'll see ...

Maybe I'll build a "SpecOps 1/3 Co-Witness Black Rifle Encore Pistol". I'll carry it when I flashbang the hunting house at my favorite Food Plot.

P

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 9:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
Tube red dot with magnification? That would be nice.

I'll second that motion.

P

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/17/2019 11:18 PM

No magnification necessary! Just get closer! That?s the challenge of handgun hunting! LOL!

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/18/2019 12:24 AM

The challenge of handgun hunting is also showing folks that even though we hunt with a handgun, that we can do it at a distance.....no need for a rifle....a red dot with variable magnification would probably be a good seller, you know, make an item that all handgun hunters would enjoy 😉

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/18/2019 1:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
The challenge of handgun hunting is also showing folks that even though we hunt with a handgun, that we can do it at a distance.....no need for a rifle....a red dot with variable magnification would probably be a good seller, you know, make an item that all handgun hunters would enjoy 😉

The ?LOL? at the end of my post meant I made my comments in jest!

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/18/2019 1:45 AM

Oh, I know, hahaha

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/18/2019 1:52 AM

PsTan, try Optics Planet, they have a Swift 2x for roughly $150
Posted By: sw282

Re: Weaver/Bushnell ... - 07/20/2019 11:45 PM

LEUPOLD dropped their 2x EER this year. IMOP.. BEST handgun scope EVER
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums