Handgunhunt

HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES)

Posted By: 45MAN

HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/03/2019 11:27 AM

HOSTING SOME MARINES AT MY HIGHPOINT RANCH, SO FAR THEY HAVE TAKEN 16 HOGS AND 1 AOUDAD EWE, PLUS CHEROKEE TRACKER HAS 1 HOG. LAST DAY TODAY. ALL 3 GUNNIES ARE FINE YOUNG MEN, HARD CORE HUNTERS AND WELCOME BACK. MOST HOGS TAKEN WITH AR's IN 5.56, 300 WHISPER AND 6.8 SPC, NO HANDGUN KILLS.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/03/2019 2:51 PM

That is awesome!
Posted By: Russell

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/03/2019 3:46 PM

Good for you, Rey! Just spent a week with one of those marines' mom and grandparents. Talk about excitement! Several calls were going back on forth!
Posted By: KRal

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/03/2019 4:35 PM

Good deal! Should be one heck of a barbecue!
Posted By: Zee

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/04/2019 1:22 AM

Well done.
Posted By: Zee

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/04/2019 1:23 AM

:riflesarepeopletoo:

😁
Posted By: sixshot

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/04/2019 5:42 PM

I just found this! One of those Marines belongs to me (Grandson) him & his 2 buddies made a pact 13-14 years ago that someday, if the stars aligned & they ever got stationed at the same post together at the same time they would try & put some kind of hunt together, never dreaming it would actually happen.
All 3 have served multiple tours in the Middle East & now are stationed on the east coast. Some how, some way their dream came true, that happened through Forum member Rey Garza who took them in & made their dream come true. And for that I'll be eternally thankful. In chatting with Cody & Rey on almost a daily basis everyone was having a wonderful time that will probably be a life changing experience for these 3 young Marines, thanks Rey!

Dick

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/04/2019 9:06 PM

FINAL COUNT WAS 17 HOGS AND 1 AOUDAD EWE FOR THE MARINES, AND ONE GUNNY HAD TO LEAVE ON FRIDAY TO GET BACK TO HIS UNIT. I TRIED ALL THE AOUDAD HOT SPOTS BUT THE AOUDAD WERE NOT CO-OPERATING. CHEROKEE TRACKER (CHARLES) WAS A VERY BIG HELP IN HELPING ME GUIDE, AND WAS ABLE TO GET IN SOME HUNTING, GETTING 1 HOG AND HAVING OTHER OPPORTUNITIES. A BUNCH OF DOES, LITTLE BUCKS AND AN IMPRESSIVE 6 POINTER WERE COMING INTO THE MILO PILE IN THE FRONT YARD REGULARLY WHILE WE WERE SITTING ON THE FRONT PORCH OF MY WIFE's CABIN ABOUT 20 YARDS AWAY, FIRST TIME THE GUNNIES HAD EVER SEEN DEER UP CLOSE LIKE THAT. SIXSHOT's GRANDSON CODY MAKES WOODEN FLAGS THAT HAVE FURLS IN THEM, AND CHARLES AND I EACH GOT ONE, THESE FLAGS ARE AWESOME. WILL POST A GROUP PICTURE IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/04/2019 10:30 PM

Glad you hosted my fellow Marines, Rey! Well done! Now were they all actually Gunnies (E-7s) or are you just calling them that? Just curious.

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/05/2019 12:24 AM

MAX: ALL E-7's, WITH 12-13 YEARS IN SERVICE. THEY HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS. THEY ARE COMBAT ENGINEERS. IT WAS "YES SIR" "NO SIR" WITH NONE OF THAT "YEAH" SH.. AND ALWAYS HELPING AND ASKING WHAT THEY COULD DO.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/05/2019 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
MAX: ALL E-7's, WITH 12-13 YEARS IN SERVICE. THEY HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS. THEY ARE COMBAT ENGINEERS. IT WAS "YES SIR" "NO SIR" WITH NONE OF THAT "YEAH" SH.. AND ALWAYS HELPING AND ASKING WHAT THEY COULD DO.

Hahahahaha! That is awesome!

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/05/2019 12:38 AM

GROUP PHOTO IN THE FRONT YARD: GUNNIE "DEUCE" ON THE LEFT, GUNNIE CODY IN THE MIDDLE AND GUNNIE DIAZ ON THE RIGHT WITH CHARLES (LEFT) AND MYSELF (RIGHT) HOLDING THE FLAGS CODY MADE FOR US.
Posted By: KRal

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/05/2019 10:32 AM

That's awesome on all accounts!
Posted By: RSW

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/05/2019 5:38 PM

Great to see someone doing something nice for our men in uniform. Much respect to both parties.

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/06/2019 10:19 PM

ALTHOUGH MOST ANIMALS WERE TAKEN WITH AR's SEVERAL WERE TAKEN WITH BOLT ACTIONS IN 30-06 AND 300WM, NO REAL ADVANTAGE TO THE AR's AS MOST PIGS HAUL ASS WHEN THE SHOOTING STARTS. IF ANYTHING, THE AR CARTRIDGES WERE AT A BALLISTIC DISADVANTAGE TO THE BOLT GUNS AND WE MAY HAVE HAD A COUPLE MORE CONFIRMED KILLS IF THE BOLT GUNS HAD BEEN USED.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/07/2019 7:33 PM

Good job!
Posted By: SChunter

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/08/2019 10:21 PM

Stellar work Rey!
Posted By: tradmark

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/11/2019 7:30 PM

That is fantastic. What a great hunt u provided for some great warriors! Well done to all.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/11/2019 8:02 PM

Most definitely a worthy group.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: HIGHPOINT RANCH HOGS (WITH RIFLES) - 08/12/2019 1:25 AM

A wonderful gesture ... everyone looks to have had a wonderful time!!

P
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums