Handgunhunt

Handgun deer season

Posted By: Mr. Bisley

Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 5:33 PM

Here in the Cornhusker state of Nebraska, hunting deer with a handgun begins the second Saturday in November to the third Sunday or 9 days. Handgun is part of the firearm rifle season. Wish we had a season for handgun only.

Just kind of curious what time of the fall your respective handgun season starts and how long.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 5:44 PM

In Texas, our general rifle season opens around the 1st of November and goes through the 1st weekend in January. A little longer in south Texas. Roughly two months. No specific handgun season either.
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 6:19 PM

Our general firearms season begins Nov. 16th this year. We can use handguns during this 11 day season. We have an Alternative Method season later in Dec. beginning on the 28th this year -- for another 11 days. We are also allowed to use handguns during this period.
Posted By: RSW

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 7:01 PM

In KY we have ML early season Oct.19-20 and late ML season Dec.14-22. ML handguns any caliber can be used. Regular Deer Season is Nov.9-24 and any caliber centerfire handgun may be used.
Posted By: karl

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 7:29 PM

in MN we have a general firearms season which includes shotgun, rifle and pistol (archery, muzzle loader and youth hunts get different seasons). They split the state in 3 zones which have different regulations and seasons. There are A and B seasons which span Nov 9 through Dec 1 in one zone, the rest of the state just has A season nov 9-24. It is starting a week late for some reason this year. From my recollection, a center-fire pistol of 22 or larger caliber is legal to us for deer hunting.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 7:43 PM

I hunt with handguns, during the regular rifle season
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/09/2019 7:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
Our general firearms season begins Nov. 16th this year. We can use handguns during this 11 day season. We have an Alternative Method season later in Dec. beginning on the 28th this year -- for another 11 days. We are also allowed to use handguns during this period.

What Mark said, can use a handgun any time of the season except archery of course.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/10/2019 12:40 AM

IN TEXAS, ON RANCHES UNDER AN APPROVED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, THE SEASON RUNS OCTOBER 1 TO THE END OF FEBRUARY, TOO DARN HOT TO HUNT IN OCTOBER AND BY FEBRUARY IT GETS KINDA SLOW, BUT NOVEMBER, DECEMBER AND JANUARY ARE GOOD HUNTING MONTHS. YOU CAN USE HANDGUN, BOW, RIFLE, MZ. EVEN THE REGULAR SEASON IS ALMOST 2 1/2 MONTHS LONG PLUS A COUPLE MORE WEEKS FOR DOES AND SPIKES.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/10/2019 1:22 AM

November 23 - February 10 here in Alabama
Posted By: Memtb460

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/10/2019 2:33 PM

Here in Wyoming, we don?t have a specific handgun season either.....but that shouldn?t handicap the ?rifle hunters? much!
I have not handgun hunted since the late ?80?s ! Hopefully, this will change this year. We haven?t even bought a deer license since the mid-90?s....maybe a ?retarded? deer will give me a shot (pun intended)! And, we only have cow elk permits.....so maybe an elk with the handgun. But, we need the freezer meat, so....I don?t plan on limiting my shots to handgun ?only?! We?ve ?eaten? elk licenses too many times, because I refused to shoot the little bulls. This year with cows only.....if they?re close the handgun, if they?re a ways off....the rifle! memtb
Posted By: Russell

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/10/2019 3:29 PM

No special handgun season in Oklahoma, but you may use one during muzzle loader season, (muzzle loading), during regular gun season, and during the special antlerless only season (the weekend before Christmas and the weekend after).
Posted By: wyote

Re: Handgun deer season - 09/11/2019 2:48 PM

In WY there isn't a handgun season for deer that I know of.
There is a handgun/muzzleloader hunt for antelope down on south pass. It usually starts Aug 20th.
I've hunted that several times with my handguns. It can be a tough hunt!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums