Handgunhunt

Carrying ammo

Posted By: Mr. Bisley

Carrying ammo - 10/12/2019 4:00 PM

For those who hunt with 475 Linebaugh and larger calibers, what are you using to carry spare ammo during a hunt?

Or do you just load 5 rounds in your revolver and go?

Maybe, I am over thinking this matter.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/12/2019 5:21 PM

I use the wilderness stretchable ammo thingy.
Posted By: karl

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/12/2019 10:57 PM

I recently picked up a w-gear wrist bracelet that holds 5 rounds of 45-70 quite nicely when hunting with an encore. Probably closer at hand than is needed for a revolver', but very nice for the single shot.
Posted By: Brenden

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/13/2019 12:16 AM

My wife made me a Paracord bracelet with cartridge loops. I used it all the time when I hunted with single shots. It was adjustable for different cartridges.

Like most things I once owned, I lost it when we moved. Or it's still packed away somewhere...
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/13/2019 12:34 AM

https://www.thewilderness.com/magazine-s...o-thing-.44/45/
Posted By: Memtb460

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/13/2019 3:19 AM

Not sure this would work, with whatever holster your using.....this is what I?ve got. Maybe you could have something similar made for your holster! memtb

Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/13/2019 12:00 PM

I have used a nylon Ammo Wallet for years.
Recently at a Gun Show I picked up several of the small Ruger Zip up pistol cases to use to hold ammo in my case. They must be for an LCR or something smaller.

Bob R
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/13/2019 2:06 PM

I use one of the dump pouches from Ringler Custom Leather.
They hold the rounds tight enough that they don?t make any noise while carrying but still fall free when you dump the pouch open.
Ringler Dump Pouch
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/14/2019 1:11 AM

If I'm carrying a shorter Encore in my bandolier holster, it has 6 loops for ammo that I use to carry spares. For my Encore setups that I carry with a sling, I usually just put spare cartridges in a chest pocket on my coveralls. With my revolvers, I just carry a full cylinder.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/14/2019 5:44 AM

Extra rounds go into the top pocket on my back pack. For single shots a wrist band.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Carrying ammo - 10/15/2019 2:04 AM

I generally keep a few extras in the pack and 2 extra in the chest pocket. Not ideal ... I need a better option.

P
Posted By: jcp161

Re: Carrying ammo - 11/27/2019 1:14 PM

I use the w-gear wrist wrap for .45-70 along with a leather cartridge case that goes on my belt that holds four more rounds.

Usually throw a box in the backpack too just in case. If nothing else the extra weight adds to the training effect going up and down the mountains.
\:\)
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums