Handgunhunt

WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS?

Posted By: 45MAN

WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/10/2019 1:46 AM

LOOKS LIKE WARNE MAKES SOME MEDIUM HIGH RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODEL REVOLVERS, BOTH PERMANENT AND QUICK DETACH, ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM? PROS, CONS, RECOMMENDATIONS?
Posted By: Franchise

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/10/2019 8:42 PM

Yes,have them on a Super Redhawk and they are rock solid...no cons that I've ever heard of

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/11/2019 1:37 AM

DAVID: THANKS, I HAVE ORDERED A SET OF PERMANENT RINGS, HAVE NOT DECIDED WHETHER TO GO SCOPE OR AN ULTRADOT GEN 2 2 MOA (I GOT SCOPES ON HAND, THE ULTRADOT WOULD ENTAIL A BUY). WHEN THE SUPER RH's FIRST CAME OUT I BOUGHT ONE IN 44 MAG, HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THE RINGS, ESPECIALLY SCOPE SLIPPAGE, I ENDED UP SENDING IT TO J.D. JONES SO HE CUD PUT A T'SOB ON IT. I AM JUST NOT A .429 MAN SO I MOVED THAT GUN YEARS AGO. WITH FIRST IMPRESSIONS BEING WHAT THEY ARE, I JUST DON'T TRUST THE FACTORY SET UP AND WOULD RATHER GO WITH THE WARNES.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/11/2019 1:40 AM

http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/196748/page/0/fpart/1

I like them as well.

P
Posted By: KYODE

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/11/2019 3:09 AM

Slippage in ruger rings is an easy fix. Sticky back label tape inside the ring halves prevents it. ?Friction pads?

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/11/2019 12:28 PM

KYODE: BACK IN THE LATE 1980's WE DIDN'T HAVE THE INFO SOURCES WE HAVE NOW, IF WE HAD MAYBE I WOULD BE "44MAN".

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/11/2019 1:59 PM

Lol.... I understand. Its a new world out there for sure. My redhawk scope slipped yrs ago and that fixed it permanently. Been so long dont remember where i got the idea. I got my redhawk late 80s but was few yrs before i could afford a scope on it.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/12/2019 4:57 PM

Kyode, I remember you sharing that tip with me back when I first got on here almost 20 yrs ago! Thanks for all you have done o help folks on here through the years.

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/12/2019 6:45 PM

Thank you vance! Most people probably dont even want to hear me. Lol
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/12/2019 9:45 PM

Rey, FYI-do not tighten the Warne ring screws any tighter than 25 inch pounds or they will break.

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/13/2019 1:23 AM

MARVIN: I USE A TORQUE GADGET THAT TIGHTENS RING SCREWS JUST ENUFF AND THEN SLIPS, NEVER ANY PROBLEMS
Posted By: Craig44

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/19/2019 5:48 PM

I love Warne rings and have them on most of my scoped guns but I do not like the version for Ruger bases. For Ruger bases I much prefer Leupold rings if I don't use the Ruger rings. I have them on all three of my SRH's.

Posted By: Sawfish

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/20/2019 8:03 PM

Rey, I use one too. Just passing along what the CS guy at Warne told me when I had a screw breakage problem. I have Warne permanent mount rings on all my Encores. Mount em and leave em alone. Unfazed by recoil, air travel, road trips. Kept same zero from year. FYI, I use four rings and 6 screw bases on my guns. I knew you would like that!

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/24/2019 11:15 PM

MOUNTED A SIMMONS 2.5x7 VARIABLE SCOPE ON MY RUGER BISLEY HUNTER 45 COLT TODAY USING THE WARNE RINGS, SO FAR SO GOOD, HOPE TO TRY IT OUT THIS WEEK.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: WARNE RINGS FOR THE RUGER HUNTER MODELS? - 11/24/2019 11:50 PM

You will not have the first problem...they are excellent rings
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums