Handgunhunt

Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes

Posted By: Chance Weldon

Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/14/2019 8:40 PM

Nikon is Exiting the Rifle Scope Business

I've learned through various sources that Nikon is going to be discontinuing all of their firearm optics. That really sucks because the Force XR is my favorite scope for 100 yard and beyond shooting. If you need a Force XR for one of your pistols, get it while you can.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/14/2019 10:10 PM

I put one on my xp100 35 rem. Jury still out. First impression, burris 2-7 far better view etc. still hate to see it not be an option.
Posted By: karl

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/15/2019 2:58 PM

Bummer. I run a few nikon rifle scopes and like them. Good solid value for the money.
Posted By: Memtb460

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/15/2019 4:03 PM

I can?t verify it, but, I?ve heard that Nikon will also quit offering factory support for repairs/warranty! If true.....buying a new Nikon may require some serious ?soul searching?! memtb
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/15/2019 7:43 PM

another one down..
Posted By: jcp161

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/16/2019 1:06 PM

I've had a few of their rifle scopes but never tried one of their pistol scopes. Sorry to see this.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/17/2019 12:40 AM

Leaves me wondering just exactly what they will produce? ...Binocs and Camera Lenses?

P
Posted By: RBO21

Re: Nikon is discontinuing all rifle and pistol scopes - 12/17/2019 7:10 PM

Originally Posted By: PsTaN
Leaves me wondering just exactly what they will produce? ...Binocs and Camera Lenses?

P

Their camera market is much bigger than their sport optics market. They will continue to do bino's and spotting scopes though.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums