Handgunhunt

Optics suggestions

Posted By: Mr. Bisley

Optics suggestions - 01/10/2020 4:37 PM

My experience with handgun optics consists of long eye relief scopes on my T/C Contenders and Ultra Dot 30 on my BFR 475 Linebaugh.

Are sights like the Trijicon RMR or Ultra Dot L/T tough enough or suitable for a big bore like the 500 JRH?

Would like to here the pros and cons.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Optics suggestions - 01/10/2020 4:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Bisley
My experience with handgun optics consists of long eye relief scopes on my T/C Contenders and Ultra Dot 30 on my BFR 475 Linebaugh.

Are sights like the Trijicon RMR or Ultra Dot L/T tough enough or suitable for a big bore like the 500 JRH?

Would like to here the pros and cons.

I have used the L/T in a number of applications with no issues. Right now one is perched on top of my .44 Magnum BFR and it has been fed a steady diet of Buffalo Bore's 340 grain +P+ load without any problems. I have a couple of RMRs but the jury is still out until I get to really run them through their paces.
Posted By: rubicon

Re: Optics suggestions - 01/27/2020 3:09 PM

I have an rmr on a glock. Its road on the slide for thousands of rounds and is very tuff. I would have no fear putting an rmr on anything. Its only downfall is window size. For a hunting gun I'd go with the newer trijicon rso for the bigger window.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Optics suggestions - 01/27/2020 3:50 PM

RMRs are tough sites.
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Optics suggestions - 01/28/2020 4:28 AM

I currently have a Holosun 507 sitting on top of my 500 JRH BFR.
It only has about 100 rounds through it so far but seems to be holding its own.

I also have an original Leupold DeltaPoint on my 5 1/2" 44Mag Redhawk. It has seen over a thousand rounds and has been 100% reliable.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums