Handgunhunt

Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh?

Posted By: Willicd76

Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 02/29/2020 6:11 PM

I've got one with 7 1/2" barrel that is like new. I've come to the conclusion that I'll not likely use it much. $850 shipped to your FFL or trades considered. I like the old rugers but am lusting for a FA 97 in 44, 45, or 357. Cash on my end of course
Posted By: Jeffrey G.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/03/2020 2:03 AM

Is it equipped with the BFR Bisley style grip? If so I may be interested in it. With the normal plow handle not so much as I would send it back to Magnum Research Custom Shop to retrofit a BFR Bisley grip frame to it.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/03/2020 2:08 AM

480 Ruger can be shot in it too so you might wish to hold on to such a versatile revolver platform. And maybe get Mag-Na-Port to do a special porting job made just for 480 Ruger and other recoil inducing cartridges.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/03/2020 3:55 AM

It's a plow handle. Sorry....

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/06/2020 2:09 AM

Well if you do not sell it soon send it back to BFR and they will install their Bisley style grip frame and grips to fit it for$380.00. Spoke to the custom shop at BFR and got the information. They also said your asking price of $850 was a very good price. Hope you get what you need in a trade or work things out somehow.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/06/2020 2:36 AM

Thanks for the information, but I've already got a Ruger bisley 480 in a smaller and lighter package that will suit my purpose better.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/07/2020 5:53 AM

Max Prasac wrote about the 480 Ruger Super Blackhawk he tested that was a prototype. The barrel shot loose and had to be sent back to Ruger to be fixed.He shot a lot of ammunition through it and that may have influenced that result.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/07/2020 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeffrey G.
Max Prasac wrote about the 480 Ruger Super Blackhawk he tested that was a prototype. The barrel shot loose and had to be sent back to Ruger to be fixed.He shot a lot of ammunition through it and that may have influenced that result.

If the barrel "shoots loose" (I'm not sure what that means), I'll repair or rebarrel it myself.

Re: Anybody looking for a BFR 475 linebaugh? - 03/07/2020 5:30 PM

It was part of the stress test that he would do shooting so many rounds to make the result come to failure if it would. It did come off and it was sent back to Ruger not just to fix but troubleshoot to keep it from happening again. A learning curve for improvements if needed. I doubt Ruger would be producing the revolver if it was not addressed. So happy shooting and God Bless and Keep You Forever and Always!!!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums