Handgunhunt

Kodiak Hunter sizing question

Posted By: RamblingCowboy

Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 05/16/2020 3:35 AM

Good evening all,
My brother and I are planning a black bear hunt using 44 magnums. I am carrying a SRH with a vortex venom and my brother is carrying a Taurus Raging Hunter with a vortex venom as well. I plan to get the Galco kodiak hunter model KH130H for my revolver but I am unsure which model to get for my brother. Galco doesn?t list the Taurus in their fitment guide. I am guessing it would fit best in the KH172H. Which is listed for the Smith and Wesson X Frame models with the 8 3/8? barrel. If anyone can confirm this for me I would appreciate it. I would like to get this holster for my brother as a gift and want to make sure it is right.
Thanks
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 05/25/2020 4:03 PM

I believe the X Frame holster will be too large for the Raging Hunter. I have 8 3/8" Raging Bulls and had problems finding a holster. Pistol Packaging made one for me that works very well.

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 05/25/2020 10:29 PM

Thank you for the response. I found one on sale for Memorial Day and placed an order already but they have a good return policy if it is too big. I will update after I receive the holster with how it fit.

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 09/09/2020 11:06 PM

The holster came in and the Raging hunter fits right in the x-frame holster perfectly.

Daniel
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 09/09/2020 11:27 PM

Sounds like you are good to go. My SRH has been chopped down to 5", so I'm looking at a custom job for it.

Good luck on your hunt. Where are you going?
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 09/24/2020 9:23 PM

Rambling cowboy. How do you like the Venom on the SRH? I HAVE AN ULTRADOT 30 on mine but thinking of getting away from the tube. Any pics with it installed? Did you do the hunt yet? If so howd it go? If not good luck!

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 11/02/2020 5:27 PM

I really like the venom. I have not went on my hunt yet but have been practicing regularly. My hunt will be in Maine next September. I will try to get a picture and figure out how to post it.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 11/04/2020 3:52 AM

Originally Posted By: RamblingCowboy
I really like the venom. I have not went on my hunt yet but have been practicing regularly. My hunt will be in Maine next September. I will try to get a picture and figure out how to post it.

Great.
Did you get your Kodiak? I don't remember the model # but I use the same one for my 7.5" SRH, 7.5" SBH, & 8&3/8 mod 29. Fits them all well.
Posted By: Jeffrey G.

Re: Kodiak Hunter sizing question - 11/17/2020 12:16 AM

The Kenai model by Diamond D Custom is made of top grade synthetic material and is cheaper than their fine leather models of Guide's Choice I use.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums