Handgunhunt

Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question.

Posted By: Buckshotharris

Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/16/2020 6:34 PM

Hello All,

I have been reloading rifle and pistol cartridges now for a while using a Hornady balance scale and am considering getting one of the Automatic Powder scales. Youtube videos are helpful but thought I would post an inquiry here and try to get some real hands on feedback. I am thinking about the Lyman Gen 6 Powder measure.

Any replies would be appreciated.
Posted By: adbhowler

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/16/2020 6:49 PM

I have been very happy with my ChargeMaster Lite. It was only about $250 at Cabelas and I have been using it for over a year now and no complaints. Just my 2 cents
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/16/2020 9:34 PM

Ive always used rcbs 502 scale, lee scoops, and trickle to balance. Ive been thinking about a rcbs chargemaster lite a lot recently.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/17/2020 2:03 AM

I have a Chargemaster and I really like it now, not so much before I modified it. There?s a guy on the Texas Hunting Forum that sells an insert turned from brass that slips into the tube that dispenses the powder. Before the modification it was always a little off, but now it?s on the money. I still weigh each hunting load because I?m anal that way, but crank out practice loads as fast as I can handle the cases.

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/17/2020 2:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered the Lyman Gen 6 from Midway. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Will post how it works out. Happy Shooting!
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/17/2020 1:22 PM

It should work out fine. I doubt there is much difference in brands. I have used an RCBS Chargemaster for years for all of my reloading. I use the auto mode and as my powder is dropping I seat the bullet on the previous round.
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/17/2020 2:33 PM

I use the Lyman Gen 6, I think you will like it.
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/17/2020 8:59 PM

I also use a Lyman Gen 6. No problems. Easy to use. My backup is a Pact I've had for 22 years. Still works fine.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/17/2020 11:54 PM

Chargemaster is what I use the most

Re: Digital Powder Dispenser Scale question. - 07/24/2020 8:31 PM

Got my Lyman Gen 6 but now its too hot to use it. I hate Summer in the South! Nice winters though!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums