Handgunhunt

Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol

Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/04/2020 2:12 AM

What are those of you who hunt with CVA Scout pistols use for holsters. I do not want a sling.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/05/2020 3:31 AM

I field carry in a case with a carry strap. I carry the case under my Left arm with the carry strap cross chest like a muzzleloader possibles bag. If stalking leave the case end unzipped for quick and silent access.
Good luck.

Bob R
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/06/2020 1:51 PM

Is no one else hunting with a CVA Scout pistol?
Posted By: MrMcPorkchop

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/06/2020 4:06 PM

I've seen a few custom options out there that I ran across while searching after I got my CVA muzzleloader pistol. They were not cheap by any means, and I've since lost the link. I've used the CVA pistol case with a shoulder strap and left it partially unzipped as Bob said above.
Posted By: dave thomas

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/07/2020 2:08 PM

I use a long slender backpack that I converted to a single strap cross body. it is deep enough to carry the scout and all the rest of my gear for the day and I can put it on my back when there isn't any action. when things start to get athletic, put the pack on with the pouch in front, unzip the top and draw it out and hand carry it. I do have a sling on mine to keep from having to constantly having to put it back into the pack. it makes for a really nice way to keep it close at hand in a tree stand also by using a carabiner on the carry handle of the pack it can hang down the side of your seat for easy draw. close the zipper for bad weather. kind of works like a large cross draw chest holster but with the bonus that it carries everything for your hunt.
I normally don't have anymore than 5-8 pounds in the pack as I don't like to carry anymore than I have too. day hunts locally don't demand a lot of gear like they might in the mountains or remote areas. YMMV
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/07/2020 3:10 PM

I have an Uncle Mike camo holster for a 14" contender that might do. Would do $35 shipped that is pretty cheap.

Set up like this
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=...PRST&ajaxhist=0
Posted By: thadf

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/11/2020 4:14 PM

Pistol packaging bandito rig

Good quality and great prices
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/14/2020 12:43 AM

It probably won't help much since I can't find them for sale anymore, but I use a Gunmate scoped bandolier holster. Cabela's used to sell them in three different sizes and either black or camo, but that was several years ago. The largest one like what I have will fit even a scoped 15" Encore with no trouble, to say nothing of the Optima.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Holster for CVA Scout 14 inch pistol - 10/14/2020 1:51 AM

Redhawk, PM sent.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums