Handgunhunt

BOG Death Grip

Posted By: Charlie SA

BOG Death Grip - 10/25/2020 3:45 PM

Anyone use a BOG Death Grip with a revolver? Works great for rifle or Contender/Encore, haven't figured out a way to use the gripping on a revolver.
Thanks
Posted By: Giblett

Re: BOG Death Grip - 10/28/2020 2:53 AM

I hope someone will chime in on this post I have a psr but have wondered about the death grip if you could rest the frame on it and and about the flame coming out on the barrel cylinder gap on my 460 and 44's
Posted By: RH Custom Guns

Re: BOG Death Grip - 10/28/2020 4:47 PM

Well, I can promise you that you don't want to subject anything to the cylinder gap blast from a .460! I haven't tried a DG on a revolver. Where would you grip it? I don't imagine gripping it on the bottom of the frame would give you very much "grip" and we know not to grip the barrel.
Posted By: Giblett

Re: BOG Death Grip - 10/28/2020 5:25 PM

I think I just need a heavier bi pod to put psr top on my 460 has a bi pod on it so I put a 1?12 board on the outside of stands but this does give me a idea building a pistol rest that will clamp into the death grip.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: BOG Death Grip - 10/29/2020 1:38 AM

The cylinder blast would be the biggest problem with trying to use that with a revolver, especially with the S&W magnums.
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: BOG Death Grip - 10/29/2020 8:10 PM

I shoot my FA .454, .475, and RB .500 off my PSR. Barrel/cyl gap is behind the upright arm of the PSR. So far no problems.
I agree with the gap problems with the Death Grip.

i

i
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: BOG Death Grip - 10/30/2020 3:10 PM

Was just looking at fred eichler's instagram page and he said he uses one with a revolver. There is a pic with a dead turkey, a revolver, and the death grip but nothing more. If you have IG you might go there and ask him...
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums