Handgunhunt

I Got Lucky

Posted By: Memtb460

I Got Lucky - 12/10/2020 4:50 PM

I determined , at perhaps the worst time in American history, that I needed brass! 🤬 I was very near going to the ?dark web? in my search, when....I got lucky. Possibly my only salvation was...I was lucking for brass that is probably ?not? in high demand! I had gone thru virtually every supplier that I?d ever heard of, when I found a couple of suppliers that had my brass. Not only did I ?not? get the usual ?Out of Stock.....No Backorder?, but they were considerably cheaper than the big guys! I purchased 100 pieces, of Starline 460 S&W brass, shipped to the house for $68.00! Christmas came early!
memtb
Posted By: Ernie

Re: I Got Lucky - 12/10/2020 5:18 PM

Good for you!
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: I Got Lucky - 12/10/2020 7:33 PM

Good deal!
Posted By: Hawkeye

Re: I Got Lucky - 12/11/2020 6:49 PM

Good for you! What bullet are you using in the .460 and what brand is your weapon?
I happened on two boxes of Hornady .460 a couple of years back when I got my Encore 15" 460. Still on my first box. The brass seems like it might last forever in this barrel. I shoot the Barnes 200grn XPB.
Mike
Posted By: Memtb460

Re: I Got Lucky - 12/11/2020 9:23 PM

Howdy Hawkeye, It?s your typical run of the mill S&W XVR with 8 3/8? barrel, plus a Burris Fastfire .....helping these old eyes out. Primarily 2 different loads/bullets, plus my shot shell of which I shoot very few. I?m running a light load, 300 grain cast for plinking, and a 400 grain cast pushed pretty hard for hunting.

I?m a bit disappointed with the 400?s. They?re a bit slow and pretty inconsistent @100yards. Wish I had access to another chrono, to verify velocities.....and another shooter to verify my inability to shoot a decent group. memtb

© 2024 Handgunhunt forums