Handgunhunt

Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions?

Posted By: Chance Weldon

Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/03/2021 1:42 AM

Anyone make any resolutions yet?

I'd like to become proficient to 400 yards with my Encores on game and 500 or farther on a 10" steel target. That would allow me to take the most distant shot I'm likely to encounter where I hunt. Lower priority for me would be to improve my offhand open sight capabilities, no specific yardage. Could stand to lose about 20 pounds, too.
Posted By: jcp161

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/04/2021 7:16 PM

Simplify. Narrow down the selections gun wise and become more proficient with the guns that are kept.

Shoot more, assuming ammunition or components ever become available again.

For hunting, spend more time in the woods. May have to change the current job situation to do that but 30 plus years is probably long enough anyway.

John
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/04/2021 7:29 PM

I still have a CVA Scout 357 mag and a Blackhawk 357 mag that have not killed a deer. I would like to correct that this year.
Posted By: karl

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/04/2021 9:10 PM

work on proficiency and then confidence with open sites and take game with an open sighted revolver.
Posted By: Pa. Mike

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/05/2021 12:07 AM

After three years , FINALLY get my "Reloading" room cleaned out and actually reload something!
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/05/2021 12:55 AM

Buy another Encore frame and scope to assemble 2 total guns.

Move UltraDot II to the Ruger.

Open a road up on a piece of property I own.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/05/2021 2:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Chance Weldon
Anyone make any resolutions yet?

I'd like to become proficient to 400 yards with my Encores on game and 500 or farther on a 10" steel target.

I know a way to get a lot of shooting in on both steel and praire dogs this summer...
Posted By: Brenden

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/05/2021 9:05 PM

Start casting. With lack of component availability, it's my only choice. I've got just about all I need to start anyway.

Shoot more. I didn't have time to practice with a revolver this year, so the 325 wsm long gun came out.

Build a couple shooting houses! I'm tired of hunting in the rain and being on the ground.
Posted By: Squints08

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/06/2021 12:41 AM

I had planned on switching careers in April but then COVID happened. So, I hope my desired industry comes back and hunting season becomes my off time. My current job is the opposite. I?d also like to look into reloading more.
Posted By: Shortgun

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/08/2021 2:48 AM

I?m looking at getting into casting too. I have 2 revolvers that shoot cast really well so I?m thinking of jumping on that wagon.

Keith
Posted By: Teep

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/08/2021 1:25 PM

It's not going to be what I had planned. I think this year will be a year of scrounging for components and .22lr. Lack of primers may curtail my handgun shooting this year.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/09/2021 2:33 AM

Thin out my collection.....
\:o
Posted By: junebug

Re: Hunting/shooting related New Year resolutions? - 01/09/2021 9:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
Thin out my collection.....
\:o

SEND ANYTHING YOU DON'T NEED DOWN HERE TO KY WHERE IT WILL BE PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF.

UNCLE JAMES!
LOL
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums