Handgunhunt

New Guns

Posted By: Franchise

New Guns - 04/28/2021 3:45 PM

Just curious...has anyone put any of their Stimulus Money towards purchasing any new guns or barrels?
Posted By: cmnash

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 4:09 PM

With the way uncle Joe has driven guns and ammo into scarcity and outrageous cost, I'm spending my Govt cheese checks on hunting trips.

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 4:57 PM

It's definitely a seller's market out there, but you only live once, and some of the "I wish that I had or I should have" chances are only there once....seize the day...grab life my the horns
;\)
Posted By: karl

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 5:02 PM

Last fall I purchased a redhawk 45 colt/auto from Longhunter here on the forum. When I was in the LGS to pick it up they had a used GP100 in 22lr that also went home with me. I haven't done anything since then. I'm finding them both a lot of fun to shoot. The 45 is much nicer with hot colt loads since I put a Hogue grip on it last month. In my limited shooting it is grouping quite nice.

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 5:10 PM

That's great Karl!! Nice Find...the 45 Colt is the crown jewel of the Redhawks.
Posted By: longhunter

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 6:47 PM

Well I was going to buy it anyway but yea. Got me a 28-2 "Highway Patrolman".
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 6:57 PM

Originally Posted By: longhunter

Nice!!!

Re: New Guns - 04/28/2021 7:19 PM

SHARP!!
Posted By: Zee

Re: New Guns - 04/29/2021 3:28 AM

Unfortunately, nothing available really tickles my fancy. I did find a used (perfect condition) Remington 870 Slug Gun with RB/RS for an absolute steal. Couldn’t pass of that. Otherwise, been a slow year.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: New Guns - 04/29/2021 10:51 AM

I gave stimulus to wife and daughters. However I have worked the last 80+ straight 12-hour days out of state. I finish up this Sunday, May 2, and will be retiring.
I have two Rugers waiting for me at my LGS. A MK IV 222/45 lite, and a GP100 Match Champion in 357.
Posted By: jcp161

Re: New Guns - 04/29/2021 11:22 AM

I haven't seen any stimulus money but made a few purchases anyway.

As Franchise said, you only live once. Picked up an overpriced but underpriced for the market Browning Hi Power. I've had four of them over the years but got some sticker shock when I went looking at shows and the auction sites.

Target sights and made in Belgium. Older gun, barely shot. Looks good but I wish I still had my Browning Practical.

Also bought a FA 83 in .44 Magnum. That purchase has turned out pretty well.

John

Re: New Guns - 04/29/2021 3:03 PM

I've purchased a Encore barrel from MGM in 445 Super Mag and my wife has bought another Ruger in 327 Federal. We bought one Rutthutt (shooting house) last spring and just ordered another one to be built. I've bought a couple of handgun scopes and lots of components (a bonus of shooting oddball chamberings...there are still components available).....just trying to help stimulate the economy
;\)
and keep the shooting sports going strong.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: New Guns - 04/29/2021 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Vance in AK.
 Originally Posted By: longhunter

Nice!!!
real nice.............
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: New Guns - 04/29/2021 10:56 PM

I used the money to buy this NAA five shot Black Widow in 22mag to replace the 4 shot FA`s and two inch S&W 22lr I carried to apply a finish shot. The rear sight is adjustable for elevation....PS- don`t buy one if you want a quick reload
\:o
Posted By: Brenden

Re: New Guns - 05/02/2021 3:39 AM

No guns for me, trying to get back into farming, so I bought a tractor and some implements. Planned on it anyway, just trying to get some tools to be a little more self sustaining.

Better save some of that " free money ". With our dollar losing value daily, at the end of the year we are going to have to pay a bunch back. Everyone around here quit working due to the free money and extended unemployment.

Rant over. I'm sorry.
Posted By: bearskinner

Re: New Guns - 05/08/2021 1:43 AM

Picked up a really beat up Stainless super Blackhawk to build a nice 41 mag/ 410GNR two cylinder ( 5 shot non fluted cylinders) Octagon belt gun. Can’t wait
Posted By: LABRAT

Re: New Guns - 05/18/2021 1:28 PM

Using my stimy to fund a 500 Linebaugh from John Linebaugh. After I got my TLA perfected #5 from Alan, I just have not really wanted anything else.just customs on some guns I bought to have customs built.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums