Handgunhunt

Need a gunsmith

Posted By: Raptortrapper

Need a gunsmith - 09/12/2022 11:03 PM

I need a gunsmith for a Sig P220 10mm. They only make the double action one with a decocker on the side, and I do NOT like it. I want it taken off, if possible. I called Jack Huntington, and he didn't know if it could be done or not. Said to keep checking and see what I could find out. So I headed here to see if any of you had a gunsmith you would recommend that might know a little more about these Sig handguns. I LOVE hunting with my revolvers, but want to add this 10mm to the collection. Only if that stupid decocker can be removed though. Wish they would offer it without it, but they don't. Not in double action anyway.
Posted By: Jeff460

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/14/2022 5:26 AM

Try Cylinder and Slide and call them first. I have used them and they are the best in my opinion. Had a new 500 S&W magnum X-frame revolver I sent to them. They take every gun they receive completely apart and check everything before lifting a finger to do any modifications. Well they found a barrel cylinder gap of .010 so they set the barrel back to .005 and that was very difficult as they had to come up with a way to take off the barrel and set it back. So I trust Cylinder and Slide completely. And once they work on your gun they guarantee for lifetime.

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/15/2022 3:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff460
Try Cylinder and Slide and call them first. I have used them and they are the best in my opinion. Had a new 500 S&W magnum X-frame revolver I sent to them. They take every gun they receive completely apart and check everything before lifting a finger to do any modifications. Well they found a barrel cylinder gap of .010 so they set the barrel back to .005 and that was very difficult as they had to come up with a way to take off the barrel and set it back. So I trust Cylinder and Slide completely. And once they work on your gun they guarantee for lifetime.

Thank you!

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/15/2022 3:53 PM

They are backlogged 20 months. Not doing that.

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/18/2022 12:15 PM

One reason they are backlogged is how good they are. I deposited $50 and waited 8 months but their work is worth the wait to me. Deposit $50 and get in line as the time you must wait is worth the quality and care you will receive. In my opinion anyway.

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/24/2022 4:59 AM

Yeah, I’m sure it’s good. Nobody with poor service has a backlog of 20 months. I just don’t have that kind of patience.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/25/2022 11:29 PM

Do you just want to stay with the Sig ? If not, an S&W M&P or a G20 might be the answer. I have and enjoy both. Good luck either way.

Re: Need a gunsmith - 09/26/2022 3:18 AM

M&L Gunsmith near Columbia Missouri is good. Have done work on my M&P 2.0 10mm with a 4.625 inch barrel and no safety lever. Also have done work on all my revolvers.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums