Handgunhunt

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

Posted By: reflex264

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't - 05/16/2023 12:37 PM

I just pulled the scope off of the .45 Super. As cool as it was to see the gun with enough power and accuracy for reliable 100+ yard kills it was a favorite till I scoped it. It never felt right with the scope. All is right with the world once more. I bought a new G21SF Saturday to build as a designated scoped Glock. It is going to be chambered in .460 Rowland. Extended, ported Bar-Sto barrel and complete tune on the gun. The scope is a Crimson Trace 2.5x8 handgun scope in Carver mounts. With the .460 Rowland and proper bullets 150 yards should be completely doable. This was the 45 super scoped.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't - 05/17/2023 1:28 AM

I have a RMR on my Glock 40 MOS I think this is as good as a bind man can do on a real handgun without going to a scope. I shoot 4” groups at 50 yds. About as good as you can do with a 3 moa dot.
Otherwise break out the wheel gun or SSP.
Posted By: BKDinTexas

Re: Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't - 05/17/2023 12:17 PM

I too went with a Trijicon RMR 2 3.25 MOA on my S&W 625 that I shoot 45 Super in to hunt with. Makes for a svelte package I can still belt holster carry.

I will be switching to the Trijicon SRO 1 MOA because I much prefer the bigger window and more precise dot. Having a smaller dot and being able to dial down the brightness makes a big difference in precision aiming. With that set up I am not sure I could do much better with magnified optics. I consider the 625 with 45 Super s a 50 to 60 yard gun anyway.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums