Handgunhunt

Recent Contender purchase ?

Posted By: tred1956

Recent Contender purchase ? - 02/01/2009 12:05 AM

Just bought a new to me Contender with four barrels, three fore ends, one grip (thumbhole,have a question about it,but will post picture soon), and one scope. It is the scope I have a question about. It is a Tasco pro-class 6x 40mm AO. Do they still make this scope? Will it hold up to a thumper? And last but not least, what is it worth? Don't imagine much but, I know you guys will be honest.Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Safe shooting
Doug
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: Recent Contender purchase ? - 02/01/2009 12:19 AM

I don't think its made any more, but i have a 3x and 4x with the dot and fine reticle and I will not give it up. I use on a 7x30 Waters and the other or my 10" 44 mag. Both have held up so far.
They have been stellar performers and hold zeros, but they havent endured a backpack hunt in Colordo. I only use Leupold and Burris scopes for that.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Recent Contender purchase ? - 02/01/2009 2:04 AM

I love my Tasco Pro Class scopes. I'm guessing yours has the 30mm tube? I had a 6X but sold it years ago...wish I had it back! My inventory consists of a bunch of 4X models with fine "X" and target dot reticles. They are great performers on Contender barrels chambered in 30-30, 22 Hornet, .357 Max, etc. I've never subjected them to big hammers...not that I doubt their strength, just always had other scopes for those barrels.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Recent Contender purchase ? - 02/01/2009 4:51 AM

I had one several years ago on a Super Blackhawk and it disintegrated after about a half a box of ammo.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums