Handgunhunt

Leupold Wind River Bino's

Posted By: Dan B.

Leupold Wind River Bino's - 02/11/2009 2:45 AM

Finally got the urge to start bino shopping. I asked for opinions several months ago and got some good advice.

In my searching today I found the Leupold Wind River series. They have varying levels of prices w/in this series. The Cascade 10x4's caught my eye. One place I found them for $229 when other places ar listing them at over $300.

Does anyone have experience with these bino's?
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: Leupold Wind River Bino's - 02/11/2009 2:57 AM

Dan, I have the Cascades and they are okay. I just picked up a set of Leupold Tactical 10x50 from Midway for $450 and they are SUPERB!! nazchetz and SFWA(?) and Opticsplanet all carry them and price varies a little. I dint get the tact-reticle-no need for me, but I wanted that BAK glass. They are awesome. I like the Cascades and they serve the purpose. I sitll use my Zeiss 10x42 for long times of glassing. The 10x50's are not heavy either. I guess you want me to bring them to SWPA handgun shoot so you can compare? Binocs are like TC barrels...one is not enough.
Posted By: pab1

Re: Leupold Wind River Bino's - 02/11/2009 5:17 AM

For the money, the Wind Rivers are a great buy. I compared their compact (8X32?) set side by side against a pair of binos costing several times more a few years back. The Wind Rivers were clearer and gathered more light at about one third the price of the big name binos.
Posted By: SCOTTx88

Re: Leupold Wind River Bino's - 02/11/2009 1:44 PM

I've got a pair of Olympics,have had em for a few years now. I really like em.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums