Handgunhunt

First time shooting an TC!

Posted By: Jeremy

First time shooting an TC! - 08/01/2009 11:35 PM

A friend of mine got a TC rifle setup last fall. He brought it up the other day sighting it in for the first time. It is a 243 stainless with a factory fluted barrel. Actually it was the second time I ever handled a TC. The first time was when he got the gun. Anyway he finally came up to sight the scope in. He took 6-7 shots got it dailed in. I finally gave in to shoot it. He had one of those targets that flash green wherever you hit. So I at 100 yards I dropped a bullet an 1/8" inside of his. So when we went to look at it, he kinda snickered, joking around that I had missed. I flipped the board over and showed him exactly where the bullet went! He just about dropped a turd! For me, I was sold on it! I can only imagine it in a handgun!

One question, are the hand grips that thick for the handgun, as they are on the buttstock? I felt that the rifle was a bit on the bulky side for me. More uncomfortable than I had expected.
Posted By: kynardsj

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/02/2009 12:25 AM

Lots of different style stocks and grips for the TC's. I'm sure there's one out there that would suit you. Be careful though, this TC stuff is addictive.
Posted By: KRal

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/02/2009 12:45 AM

Jeremy, to answer you question, no. The factory handgun grips are not as bulky as the rifle butt stock.
Posted By: RUG1

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/02/2009 1:07 AM

There is some custom builders that will have you measure your hand to make the grip your size, I haven't got to try that yet though.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/02/2009 8:36 PM

Quote:
The factory handgun grips are not as bulky as the rifle butt stock.

True, but they are fairly fat with a bit of reach to the trigger. I have "normal" hands for a 5-9 guy and I find the Encore to be big. Try before you buy if possible, I'll stick with the Contender or G2 myself ;-)
Posted By: hardtimes

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/03/2009 12:01 AM

I am a big guy, a little over 6-2, with hands bigger than most and my wood gripped encore pistol is a reach for me. My rubber gripped Ecnore pistol is a little better, but nowhere near as comfortable as my Contender or my wifes G2. I really like the big boomers so I make due with the marginal comfort on the Encores. I would defintly try one before you buy one.

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/03/2009 12:25 AM

I kinda figured that they would be a bit bigger for me. I am leaning to the G2.
Posted By: clayzzz

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/03/2009 3:44 AM

Jeremy,
The factory TC grips were to big for my hands so I switched to the Pacmayer grips and forearm made all the differance in the world for me. You can get a solid hold oh the gun with these.
Posted By: SCOTTx88

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/03/2009 9:33 PM

Head up this way,you can try my .243 or 45/70 15" Encore.

Re: First time shooting an TC! - 08/03/2009 9:59 PM

Thanks for the offer Scott. I actually have a sister-law in Fredricksburg. I will give you a shout if I ever make it up!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums