Handgunhunt

Mountain molds?

Posted By: 44happy

Mountain molds? - 12/15/2009 2:06 PM

Hey Guys, I just recently started casting my own bullets. I am on the hunt for a new mold for my 44. I came across a company called mountain molds and was wondering if any of you had used this company before. I'm using a lee mold now and am not impressed with it. Any other suggestions for bullet mold companies? Best- worst? Any input would be appreciated.
Posted By: rlb

Re: Mountain molds? - 12/15/2009 11:21 PM

Check out LBT molds.
Posted By: anachronism

Re: Mountain molds? - 12/18/2009 3:58 AM

I second the LBT recommendation. LBT bullets are designed for hunters, and are not rehashes of older, less successful designs. Veral is a wealth of information, and he gives it freely. He is very opinionated, but knows what hunters & target shooters need. He is currently having a mould sale, and there are some screaming deals to be had, but you need to contact him first for instructions on what he needs measurements on, and how to do it. Then he'll make recommendations based on your needs. It seems like he asks for a lot of meaningless information, but as you gain experience casting, you'll look back on it & it'll all makes sense.
First of all, I suggest you read his website, so you'll have an idea of the questions he'll ask for. It's not like ordering a burger, you'll need to e-mail back & forth a few times to get all the information sorted out. If you need any help, just ask, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on these boards.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums