Handgunhunt

POI Change with barrel Switch?

Posted By: SChunter

POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/04/2010 7:17 PM

Gentlemen,

As a single shot newbie, I am starting to go down the dark road of purchasing more barrel sets for my Encore(s). My question is this...how many of you have to re-zero your barrel when switching barrels? Or do they routinely hold zero when going from safe to frame? I know that theoretically they should be on, but...

Let's hear it, whether your experience be with 'Tender or Encore, pistol of rifle.

Thanks!
Posted By: KRal

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/04/2010 7:49 PM

I've never experienced any change as long as everything is stil the same, i.e. same grip and forearm. I have experienced change in POI if using a different forearm than what was zeroed with.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/04/2010 7:56 PM

I have a couple of frames but the barrels go on the frame I sighted them in on. No change as long as it the same frame with the same forend.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/04/2010 8:00 PM

Thanks guys! That was what I was thinking, but wanted some real-life experiences. Now just need to get some additional calibers to compliment my big game stuff.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/04/2010 8:11 PM

No changes in POI on any of my barrels.
Posted By: Gary

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/05/2010 12:06 AM

I've never noticed any change either.
Posted By: H2OGUN

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/05/2010 12:38 AM

I also have never noticed any change
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/05/2010 2:07 AM

I only have one frame and a buncha barrels so I am changing all the time, and nary an issue for me.
Posted By: huntkng

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/05/2010 4:44 PM

I now mark my bbl's so that I'm sure to match them with the same frame. I always am sure to match the same forend to a specific bbl and note the tightness of the screw. I shoot IHMSA a lot and as a result I will move bbls often. I've noticed up to about a 1" shift (sometimes a bit more...but not always) in POI when changing bbls. One inch when shooting at big game in the field is no big deal, but it can mean a miss when shooting 1/2 scale rams at 200. Luckily the first 5 shots in IHMSA are to confirm Zero and that is all I need to get the bbl back on track and on target. It is rare when I don't have to make some sight adjustment.

Bill in OR
Posted By: Russell

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/05/2010 5:26 PM

No change on mine.
Posted By: pter1020k

Re: POI Change with barrel Switch? - 01/09/2010 7:45 PM

no change with my tc
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums