Handgunhunt

Pachmayr Grips

Posted By: badkitty

Pachmayr Grips - 12/09/2010 1:31 AM

I have been shooting my T/C Encore for about 12 years now, and I just love it. I started out with a .243 barrel and the walnut grips. The .243 was very accurate, but after shooting 6 or 7 deer I decided it just didn't have the punch I was looking for, and I realized it wasn't so bad to hang on to so I moved up to a 30.06 , after shooting quite a few deer with the new barrel I am very pleased and most deer go down so hard they bounce! Last year I bought Pachmayr grips and forend for my gun. They might not look as good as walnut, but preformance wise they are great! I think they are much more comfortable than the wood grips, and the gun just feels more secure. If anybody has ever thought about trying them I would suggest you do!
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: Pachmayr Grips - 12/09/2010 1:59 AM

they are nice. fit my hand much better also
Posted By: doc with a glock

Re: Pachmayr Grips - 12/09/2010 2:07 AM

I agree with the above; however, I found the "rubber" to metal fit was not so good. Required q little bit of adjustment.

Doc
Posted By: junebug

Re: Pachmayr Grips - 12/09/2010 2:40 AM

The only gun I haven't liked rubber grips on were the .454 casuels, ruger or tarus. They seem to want to tear the web of my hand ,between thumb and trigger finger out. I wear a glove when I shoot those now. All my big bores wear rubber,except the Bisley ,[nobody makes one yet]
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: Pachmayr Grips - 12/09/2010 2:11 PM

Do you use a sling for carrying .I have the pachmayer grips but not the forend and am contemplating getting the forend so I can attach a sling.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Pachmayr Grips - 12/09/2010 7:05 PM

On my contenders with 14 inch barrels I tried the sling attached to the forearm and hated it . The gun hung at an awkward angle .A better solution for me was a barrel band made by uncle mikes #1593-2 for barrels from .800-.850 or #1595-2 for barrels.750 to.800. It is a split band you put on under the front sight.You still need the rear stud for the grip from uncle mikes, or an extra grip screw to make your own.Take the stud made for the foreend swivel an weld it to the spare grip screw,add a sling an done . The gun hangs more like a rifle and can be covered with your arm in bad weather . I attached an old uncle mikes shoulder holster to the side of my pack with snaps and a couple of stitches ,and just drop in the gun sling and all for the hikes in and when I need my hands free.
Posted By: badkitty

Re: Pachmayr Grips - 12/10/2010 1:42 AM

I use a CLAW brand sling, ad it just stays were I put it on my sholder, claw slings are kinda grippy and they don't slide off your shoulder or move up and down, also great for your rifle!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums