Handgunhunt

New Toy Finally arrived

Posted By: cfish2

New Toy Finally arrived - 03/15/2011 10:58 PM

Well my Bisley hunter in 45LC finally made its way home today. My 3200 scope arrived yesterday and it is now sitting atop my new gun. I love the dark laminate grips. Mine are almost black. I'll try to get a few pics to post. I actually took the time to read thru all the brochures and manuals and learned something new. I didn't know it was harmless to dry fire this model revolver. I can't remember reading that before. If I'm correct wasn't that what the plastic insert was for in the cylinder? Anyway its a beauty. Looking forward to firing it. And reallu looking to reloading for it and seeing what kind of accuracy I can get out of it.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: New Toy Finally arrived - 03/15/2011 11:02 PM

excellent! the darker grips are sharp aren't they? like to see some nice pics with outdoor lighting. i need to redo mine.

i believe the transfer bar is what makes rugers ok to dry fire.

Re: New Toy Finally arrived - 03/16/2011 12:03 AM

I will try to get some nice pics tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Ya, the darker grips really do set off the stainless. I have a ruger single six stainless that I purchased after market pewter colored hand carved grips. They really look nice on it. I'll take pics of it as well.
Posted By: Mike Harris

Re: New Toy Finally arrived - 03/16/2011 12:09 AM

Been debating the 45lc. love to see some pics.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New Toy Finally arrived - 03/16/2011 12:49 AM

Quote:
If I'm correct wasn't that what the plastic insert was for in the cylinder?

That is there just to show unloaded condition.

You can dry fire the heck out of any Ruger.

Congrats on the newbie.

Re: New Toy Finally arrived - 03/16/2011 12:52 AM

I went back and looked at my super BH 44 mag and it doesn't say anything about dry firing. Oh well. Wish I new this 10 years ago! LOL!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums