Next Thread
Print Thread
Baretta Neos? #87749 05/26/2011 1:19 AM
Vance in AK. Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
So anyone have one?
I just picked one up almost on accident (kind of a whim I guess) on another forum.
As stupid as this sounds, I haven't been able to find my MK II since we moved into a different house. Must be stuck in a really strange place.
Was out bear hunting the other day & there were rabbits EVERYWHERE!!! I realized how badly I needed another 22, but very little available coin.
Wasn't even thinking about that when I found the as new Neos in some classifides. Seemed to good to pass up (now I just need to sell my recurve to replace the cash...). They seem to have good reviews but I don't hear them mentioned much.
Looking at a Mueler Quickshot reflex sight to help my aging eyes.

At the price of ammo I need to become a small game hunter with rimfires again.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: Vance in AK.] #87754 05/26/2011 3:51 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I don't know anything about the Neos but you know if you sell your bow your just going to regret it later
and then you'll have to sell the Neos
to buy a new bow. By the way have you looked at bow prices lately, the entry level recurves cost as much as a blackhawk and my Brack would cost as much as an FA. Just a thought I vote for keep all the toys and sell yourself on a corner first
\:D
, of course your parishners might look at you funny on Sunday morning.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: wapitirod] #87755 05/26/2011 4:41 AM
Vance in AK. Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Yeah I know about bow prices Rod.
The recurve is a nice Fedora so it does have a LOT more value than me on any corner. Even in Anchorage where that type of thing isn't really frowned upon 51yr old short bald guys don't command enough to pay for even an inecpensive Neos for less than a whole summers work :-)
By the way, the Pronghorn longbow isn't going ANYWHERE! I have tried recurves & so far the Fedora fits me the best of all I've tried (Bracks are right there too), but it's longbows for me.

Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: Vance in AK.] #87758 05/26/2011 8:10 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Yeah not to get further off subject but I'm debating on whether or not to bow hunt for deer this year. The numbers are way down and with the early and late seasons I'd have a better chance but with the business taking off I haven't had time to shoot and I'm rusty.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: wapitirod] #87760 05/26/2011 1:05 PM
tracker77 Offline
addict
addict
Vance
The first thing i would do if I were you is go to Beretta's website and check the serial number on yours with the recall list. They have had problems with them firing even with the manual safety on. Also they have some of them fire when the safety is moved to the "on safe" possition. If yours doesnt fall in this serial number arch then you have a pretty cool piece. The ones I have shot have been accurate but i have seen some magazine malfunctions. Other than the recall they dont have any major problems. The cool factor is that you can change out the lower grip and barrel and make it into a carbine. Pretty cool little gun but the conversion parts for the carbine are almost as much as a new Neos. Hope this helps.

Do not take your greatness to the graveyard!!
Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: tracker77] #87761 05/26/2011 4:06 PM
Vance in AK. Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
I know what you mean Rod. Betwen "old" shoulders (dis my years turning wrenches too, a lot of it heavy equipment) that get achy when I shot the bow much & lack of time & haven't stayed proficient at all. That's OK though because I love the handguns (and my 450 Guide Gun).

Thanks Tracker.
The seller is the original owner & says this is a newer gun that is post recall. He claims he bought it & a Colt Match Target at the same time to start shooting bullseye. He like the Neos because of the way it fit his hand but started shooting the Colt & stuck with it. Suposedly this one has less than 400 trouble free rounds of steel plinking through it. It's a 6" "Inox". Strange looking thing but I think I can get used to it.

Vance in AK.

Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: Vance in AK.] #87763 05/26/2011 7:05 PM
leasongs Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I bought one for my wife a couple years back. It shoots good. She likes it. We never had any problems with it, but it was involved in the recall. Sent it in, got it back in about 8 weeks. I put the red dot back on it and had it shooting X's in about 5 or 10 shots. I think you will be happy with it. My only complaint is that the trigger isn't as nice as the one on my Browning, but that is to be expected.

Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: leasongs] #87764 05/26/2011 8:54 PM
gunguy Offline
stranger
stranger
I bought one from a friend for use with family. I shoot bullseye and shoot a 100 (can't remember x count) with it in timed fire and rapid and think it's a good all around gun that can serve as a plinker, target gun, hunting gun (lookout rabbits!). I agree with comment above. The trigger is about 5-6 pounds. Other that, a decent gun for the money.

Re: Baretta Neos? [Re: leasongs] #87765 05/26/2011 8:56 PM
tracker77 Offline
addict
addict
Vance
Glad to hear yours is safe. Hope you enjoy it. Yeah I know what you mean about the looks. They are pretty "space age". Looks like something Buck Rogers would have. But like i said earlier they seem to be pretty accurate. Have fun with the small game.

Do not take your greatness to the graveyard!!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 104 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod