Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A Great Guy! #90571 08/23/2011 3:26 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
I was fortunate enough this weekend to have the chance to spend a day with Mike Bellm of Bellm T/C's. As most of you know Mike has been at the front of pack on technical development of improvements to the actions of break open T/C's and now he's also working with some other brands of break open guns. He is also known for some of his cartridges and barrel work but most of all the aftermarket parts he has for improving the function of T/C actions. I've had opportunities to talk to many of the well known people in this industry and I can honestly say that if any of them were willing to spend a day sharing information (which most of the ones I've talked to in the past would not) they definitely would not make you as comfortable as Mike did. I met up with him at an airshow just outside of Portland where he was with some family members and I brought my 10yr old daughter to see the airshow as a special treat for her birthday. Mike not only made me feel comfortable but he was also great with my daughter .

Mike was willing to share technical information from chambering barrels to special tricks on actions and everything in between. Something else I've found in most of the other big names I've talked to is "EGO", and I can tell you Mike does not have one or at least if he does it does not show. I learned alot but was only able to retain a fraction of the information he gave me over the roar of jet engines or hearing "dad I'm thirsty" or "dad I need to use the restroom" but Mike was very patient and gracious. I hope to meet up with him again in November but I know if I run into a problem he'll help me in any way he can. It was refreshing to meet someone of he stature in the business that was so humble and friendly. I'm proud to have his name on my site in reference to his parts and tools.

For those of you who are not familiar with Mike and his work you would be doing yourself a favor to visit his website at http://www.bellmstc.com

Anyways I guess the point of this post is it takes alot more than a name on a cartridge and an ego to impress me and Mike did impress me. He may not be as well known as some but he's the "dark horse" in this race and an incredible person.

Rod

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: A Great Guy! [Re: wapitirod] #90572 08/23/2011 3:36 AM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Cool!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Re: A Great Guy! [Re: wapitirod] #90573 08/23/2011 3:40 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
That's great Rod. Anyone with a Contender should make a point of visiting his site. You learn a lot.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: A Great Guy! [Re: s4s4u] #90832 08/29/2011 2:21 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Right on Rod!!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: A Great Guy! [Re: TCTex.] #90870 08/30/2011 12:43 PM
guitarpicva Offline
addict
addict
I ordered a trigger job kit and 1x hinge pin for my Encore. The order was filled in 21 minutes and arrived in just a few days. Speedy service!

guitarpicva |||||| [o] VA
AC4IY
...How long will you go limping between two different opinions?
If the LORD is God, follow him; ... 1 Kings 18
Re: A Great Guy! [Re: guitarpicva] #90927 08/31/2011 2:03 PM
rugernut Offline
I've talked too and bought parts from him. He is "The real deal". Good guy.

Re: A Great Guy! [Re: rugernut] #90933 08/31/2011 6:20 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
link didn't work...

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: A Great Guy! [Re: Raptortrapper] #90936 08/31/2011 7:31 PM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: A Great Guy! [Re: wapitirod] #90938 09/01/2011 12:33 AM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
I met Mike a number of years ago at a Bower Long Range Handgun Clinic.
I have enjoyed the times that we have visited since that time.
He is very convicted about things and has a strong personality.

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: A Great Guy! [Re: Ernie] #91073 09/02/2011 6:29 PM
Tuner Offline
I found out about Mike several years ago when I went searching for solutions to a Contender problem; Mike found, problem solved! I have never met an expert who was so willing to help a fellow shooter and provide him valuable informtion. Right now he has two of my Contender barrels being rechambered to his 308 Bellm based on the .444 Marlin cartridge. I can't wait to get them back. Anyone who owns a break action, TC or other, needs to have his web checked as a "favorite" and get on his email letter.

I just finished recutting the crown on a M 700 Rem. using the procedure he detailes and provides pictures for on his web; worked GREAT, thanks Mike, look forfward to working up loads for those barrels you are rechambering!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod