Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bullet Jump #92849 10/02/2011 11:11 PM
briarhopper Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I have some Buffalo Bore 340 grn .44mag rounds that I bought for a Dan Wesson I had. I sold the Dan Wesson to a young man at church who was looking for his first bear back-up. I had got the gun for my wife, and she did not like it, too heavy and bulky. Any way, I kept the ammo, and shot 6 of them the other day through my 4 5/8 NMSBH. Kick was stout but managable, accuracy was nice. The question is, the face of the bullets are basically flush with the face of the cylinder. I know that if there is any bullet jump, the cylinder will lock up, but I have a free-wheeling cylinder that turns both ways. Is bullet jump remotely common with this type ammo, am I taking any kind of extreme gamble?

If it were supposed to be easy, they'd have sent my little sister to do it.
Re: Bullet Jump [Re: briarhopper] #92858 10/03/2011 12:40 AM
Tobias_Dunlap Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Buffalo Bore is usually very heavily crimped. I shot several boxes through my Super Blackhawk with no problems. I don't think you'll have any problem.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

The handgun is the badge of the free, self reliant, undaunted individualist who epitomizes the spirit of the United States of America.
Re: Bullet Jump [Re: Tobias_Dunlap] #92864 10/03/2011 1:54 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Tobias_Dunlap
Buffalo Bore is usually very heavily crimped. I shot several boxes through my Super Blackhawk with no problems. I don't think you'll have any problem.

Yea, they load 'em pretty hot so know what it takes to make it work.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Bullet Jump [Re: s4s4u] #92929 10/04/2011 11:03 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
It's definitely a consideration as it can happen and when it does, you can be left in a precarious situation. You owe it to yourself to thoroughly test whatever load you choose.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 43 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod