Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hanger bars:....... #94271 10/31/2011 2:31 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Just out of curiousity, I put rifle forearms on my Tender and Encore pistols. I modified the firearms so they would mount to the barrels. My question is , can I get a hanger bar to mount a rifle forearm to a pistol barrel and would it be a better set up versus modifying the rifle forearm itself? What I did to modify the forearm was drilled a new hole in the forearm,gorilla glued a piece of wood on the inside of the forearm for backing to give the forearm screw something to hold on to.

Re: Hanger bars:....... [Re: asquires2] #94284 10/31/2011 1:37 PM
Charlie Young Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Bullberry barrels has a hanger bar system. They may have what you want.

NRA Benefactor life member
Re: Hanger bars:....... [Re: Charlie Young] #94298 10/31/2011 3:05 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
On a Contender... YES. Regardless of rifle or pistol they should work because of the hole spacing underneath the barrel. (I say that because I have used rifle forearms on 14in pistol barrels.) Now, with Encores... Well, that might be a problem. The spacing on the lugs is longer on the rifle than the pistols. If you use a system like Bullberry has you will not have any problems, HOWEVER, you are going to have to modify your rifle barrels by adding a new screw underneath your barrel because of the bar that they utilize. (Been there, done that…) If you use Strattions set up the only difference is the length of the bar. Obviously the rifle is longer. I have recently run into this problem when I bought a TC Custom Shop 16.5in Encore in 300 Whisper. I was thinking COOL, I can just put this on my handgun setup and my old furniture. Then I realized that TC set it up for rifle spacing. LOL LOONG story short, If you set up your forearm for the rifle you can swap them back and forth. Or at least mine will anyways.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod