Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Great range day with sons... #94638 11/05/2011 11:41 PM
contenderfan Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It was a nice crisp morning here today, my sons, ages 9 and 13, and I decided it would be a fine morning to make a trip to Grandmas to try out the neww 14" .22 LR barrel for the Contenders.
After a quick trip to get ammo, and a stop on the way for three large hot chocolates...we were on our way to Grandmas. The boys declared open season on the cattails at 25 yards with the .22 barrel. They wiped 'em out left and right with the open sights and had a blast.
After decimating the cattials with the .22, they decided they wanted to give the .41 Mag a go. The youngest stopped after the first shot,
but the oldest burned the rest of the 175 gr Silver tips up and wanted more.
\:D

After a couple hours the forgotten hot choclate had long went cold and we headed back home. They had so much fun Im gonna take them back tomorrow too. And yeah...ol Dad had fun too.

Re: Great range day with sons... [Re: contenderfan] #94641 11/06/2011 1:40 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Excellent. Going to get some shooting in on Sunday morning with my kids! It's time to reintroduce Sara to the Competitor .357 Maximum (loaded at Magnum levels). Last year she did a lot of shooting with it and got quite good. My little girl just turned eight on Friday. She can shoot a buck w/ a mentor license tag and wants to do it with a handgun.....like dad!

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: Great range day with sons... [Re: Dan B.] #94646 11/06/2011 2:58 AM
contenderfan Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thats awesome...I hope she bags a nice one!

Re: Great range day with sons... [Re: contenderfan] #94649 11/06/2011 7:25 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Excellent for both of you guys, I'm sure you have seen some of my posts and know I'm not shy about how proud of a daddy I am. I'm getting ready to try and fill my bull tag which is a pretty difficult hunt to take my 11yr old on but there looks to be a second option. I've mentioned in other posts that a chicken rancher I've done some predator control for is going to let me hunt his property. If I'm successfull on my bull hunt he'll transfer one of his ag damage tags to my wife if I'm not he'll transfer to me and in either case my daughter will be the shooter under the OR mentor program. She's not up to big enough handguns for elk yet so she'll shoot her #1 in 7x57. It's up to us to pass on the heritage or hunting and gun ownership will go the way of the dinosaur, that's the reason some states are starting the mentor programs. It's so they can get the kids started early and most states have youth hunts. Here in OR my daughter gets a controlled hunt preference point for each year she's in the mentor program and once she takes her hunter safety course she is guaranteed a controlled hunt tag for deer or elk without having to use her preference points.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod