Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
One of my favorite stands...... #94988 11/11/2011 5:06 PM
minnesotahunter Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I love this stand, even though I've never shot a deer out of it. It's got the best of both worlds. I consider it a 2 gun stand. One for the field, and one for the woods. If you look close you can see 2 nice scrapes, the one is obvious, and just for fun, let's see who can pick out the second one first.
\:\)

Passed on a nice 10 bowhunting out of this stand a week before gun season. He hung out within bow range for almost a half hour, working a scrape, and eating. Normally I would have NEVER been able to pass on a buck like this, but I already had a much bigger one from a ND bowhunt this year, and we had a couple really nice ones on camera. It worked out great, because I got one of the deer we really wanted Sun. night of gun season.

Here he is. If he makes it, this guy will be a hog next year......

MN

Re: One of my favorite stands...... [Re: minnesotahunter] #94996 11/11/2011 6:47 PM
flingwinger Offline
Good call to let him pass. When I hunt horns I like them to be between 6 and 8 so, they will be their best. Normally, I hunt for meat cause you can't eat horns, LOL. But, I do enjoy a trophy on occasion.

Semper Fi (K9XXY).

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 93 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod