Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Still learning #95992 11/23/2011 11:19 PM
claytonfaulkner Offline OP
OP Offline
Another bit of shooting today. I am getting better, but still not sufficient to hunt.

And note to self, don't use girlfriends pullover as a rest when shooting a revolver.

I am shooting right, even when resting on said pullover. I keep adjusting the scope left but I keep shooting right. I am not sure if I suck at shooting or if the scope is messed up.

So here is my plan. Shoot another box. Dry fire around my house as much as possible. If I still suck then I am getting a pistol rest and this contraption.

http://www.amazon.com/Paintball-Universal-Laser-Sight-Barrel/dp/B000GBARIS

Attach it to the barrel and shoot. I will set up a camera on a tripod close to the target (don't worry far enough away to not hit it) and see if it will show me what I am doing right before the gun fires. I know it seems a little gimmicky but I think it could be a nice training tool and allow me to "shoot" without going to the range (by dry firing).

And for the record who makes good brass? Should I be buying Winchester or Remington for practice rounds with the intention of reloading later?

Re: Still learning [Re: claytonfaulkner] #96001 11/24/2011 12:25 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
What manner of hold are you using on the gun? It sounds like you might be queezing the trigger with your whole hand(s) rather than just the end of your boogerpicker.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Still learning [Re: s4s4u] #96022 11/24/2011 3:44 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I agree, it sounds like your pulling the gun when your shooting.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Still learning [Re: wapitirod] #96054 11/24/2011 3:32 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
The snap caps are a GREAT idea!

Is there anyone that can go with you to go shooting? It might even be worth it to pay for a leason or two at a reputable gun shop. Just a thought...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Still learning [Re: TCTex.] #96077 11/24/2011 9:33 PM
Dave Tarbell Offline
addict
addict
Clayton maybe your just putting alot of pressure on yourself,it should be fun,make sure your grip is the same,same sight picture and squeeze the trigger and dont anticapate.

Dave Tarbell
Re: Still learning [Re: Dave Tarbell] #96078 11/24/2011 10:43 PM
contenderfan Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Hi Clayton, if memory serves me right your shooting a SRH? Next time you shoot, try having a friend load the cylinder for you with an unknown (to you) number of rounds...then settle in and shoot. Concentrate on your sight picture, grip, and trigger control while having your friend watch you carefully to see what happens when you drop the hammer on an empty chamber. Chances are you will know yourself if your flinching, but its always handy to have an extra set of eyes.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod