Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) #100690 01/19/2012 1:29 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I get a phone call from my neighbors today to let me know that 5 police officers were in my house . I asked her to put one of them on the phone and his response was we have it under control a bunch of guns and a laptop was stolen. So I rush home to find all of my long guns , a GP100 I just bought Sunday and a Draco gone. They give me a number to a Detective in the next city over . I call him and he asks me my address & what was missing . I tell him and he replies I might know one of the guys that was captured cause he lives in my area. So I go to the police station . When I walk in there's a total of 4 detecive/police in the room. He gives me a seat and asks me my name then he asks me my address, I tell him and they all chuckled. I asked whats so funny and he shows me a mug shot and asks me if I knew this guy and I said yeah thats my neighbor. He then tells me he was one of 3 or 4 guys caught with my firearms. I replied are you serious, his Grandmother and mother called me to tell me that you guys were in my house! Then he showed me 3 more photos which I didnt know. He then asked me what was missing and I gave him a list of firearms that was missing and he showed me all of my guns standing in a corner and my Draco still in the Pelican case laying on the floor.

I asked , how did you guys find me . Welp he also stole my laptop which I had a copy of a FFL and my DL on my desktop. So they sent the local police to my house thats how they got in my house.

The only thing I havent recovered was the GP100 and a Katahdin ML barrel.

On my way home I called his Grandmother and told her that I needed to talk with her and her daughter ( the guys mother).

When we were all in one room I told them what I just found out, you wouldve thought they just lost a family member! I then told them I was gonna press charges and they said go right ahead , he just got out 2 weeks ago maybe this will wake him up!.

It was a blessing I got what I did back.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100700 01/19/2012 2:20 AM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Glad that you got most of them back!

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: Gregg Richter] #100704 01/19/2012 2:28 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
So sorry to hear this, but am glad the perps were caught!!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: Whitworth] #100705 01/19/2012 2:29 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Im really hoping to get my GP100 back, I just bought it Sunday.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100708 01/19/2012 3:34 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I hate thieves, we have a bunch of them around here that do it to support their drug habits. That's one thing the ragheads got right, they cut the sob's hands off.

I'm glad you got your stuff back and I hope you get the gp100 back too. Of course if you can get one of them alone I'm sure you could find out where it's at.

It's definitely scary anymore, I won't even advertise locally. I started too and then it dawned on me I might as well put a sign out saying "meth addicts rip me off".

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: wapitirod] #100714 01/19/2012 3:54 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I asked the detective to give me a half hr with him, he said he couldnt.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100716 01/19/2012 4:22 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Scumbags. There is nothing that disgusts me more than thieves. Well, maybe democrats....

I hope you get you new toy back and your neighbor gets the works.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100717 01/19/2012 4:23 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: asquires2

start a rumour around the jail that he's a ratt and a child molestor and he won't be around long
\:\/

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: wapitirod] #100721 01/19/2012 4:58 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod

start a rumour around the jail that he's a ratt and a child molestor and he won't be around long
\:\/

Thats a good one BUT I think you will have to actually have to go to jail to start that rumor, NOT!

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100723 01/19/2012 5:07 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I have a Pelican case that holds my RSBHH , 30.30 Tender and my 7mm.08 that was laying open in the middle of the floor. I looked at it and got light headed cause I just knew they got those too. Then I realized where they were at.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100724 01/19/2012 5:44 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
lol, yeah I was thinking about that, a couple more days or so and the 7-08 would have been back home.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: wapitirod] #100726 01/19/2012 6:00 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I have to say Im glad u have it!

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100729 01/19/2012 6:36 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
so was it my ffl they found on your pc? I'd known who they were looking for had they called me.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: wapitirod] #100731 01/19/2012 7:15 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
K
so was it my ffl they found on your pc? I'd known who they were looking for had they called me.

No it was a local gunshop.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100742 01/19/2012 1:02 PM
tyler.woodard04 Offline
addict
addict
not trying to be a smart a ss but do you have a gun safe? cheap insurance. I just bought one that holds all my stuff and tell you what. makes me feel 100 times better. glad you got most of it back though

Tyler

Finger Lakes NY

Handgun Hunting!!!
Interested in 2007
Hooked in 2009
Addicted in 2010
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: tyler.woodard04] #100759 01/19/2012 3:24 PM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
 Originally Posted By: tyler.woodard04
not trying to be a smart a ss but do you have a gun safe? cheap insurance. I just bought one that holds all my stuff and tell you what. makes me feel 100 times better. glad you got most of it back though

I dont have a gun case but now Im gonna turn one of my closets into a gun safe after I replace my front door . Until then Im gonna put all of my long guns and all but a couple handguns in a friends safe.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100788 01/19/2012 10:29 PM
430RUPE Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A friend had his house hit. He got all his back. JUSTICE was that when the police had the guy trapped in a house, he killed himself with one of Marks guns! What a whussy eay out. But then he ain't around to steal again! :-)

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100792 01/19/2012 11:27 PM
mikefrompa Offline
old hand
old hand
Glad you got them back. I'M IN FAVOR OF PUBLIC HANGING!

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: mikefrompa] #100794 01/20/2012 12:05 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: mikefrompa

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: jamesfromjersey] #100796 01/20/2012 12:49 AM
racksmasher Offline
old hand
old hand
Glad you got most everything back.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100797 01/20/2012 12:50 AM
vern Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Must of been some of those Obama supporters trying to distrbute the wealth again...

God Bless President Trump!
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: mikefrompa] #100799 01/20/2012 1:00 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Not the hanging! When I met the police at my house they asked me what I had . So I took them to my man cave and gave them a run down on what was missing. First off they were shocked to know I had as many guns I have and that Im black. Then I showwed them the guns that wasnt taken and all you heard them say was "Thats alot of guns, what are you doing with all these guns?!" I told them Im a hunter.

When I went to the police station they said the same thing with the same expression. I told them the same thing , but my Draco is for home protection.

Im now working on turning a small closet in my man cave into a safe now.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100811 01/20/2012 1:47 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist

Not the hanging! When I met the police at my house they asked me what I had . So I took them to my man cave and gave them a run down on what was missing. First off they were shocked to know I had as many guns I have and that Im black. Then I showwed them the guns that wasnt taken and all you heard them say was "Thats alot of guns, what are you doing with all these guns?!" I told them Im a hunter.

When I went to the police station they said the same thing with the same expression. I told them the same thing , but my Draco is for home protection.

It is funny that more black people don't hunt so when you run into a guy like you it kind of throws people off. I can only remember one tv hunter that is black and I can't remember his name but he was some type of surgeon. There might be less gang issues in the inner city if you took those kids out and showed them how to use a gun constructively. They need to turn them over to uncle Ted so he can run him through that survival game he used to have on tv.

Have you seen the pics of the Draco I worked on?

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: wapitirod] #100814 01/20/2012 1:57 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

It is funny that more black people don't hunt so when you run into a guy like you it kind of throws people off. I can only remember one tv hunter that is black and I can't remember his name but he was some type of surgeon. There might be less gang issues in the inner city if you took those kids out and showed them how to use a gun constructively. They need to turn them over to uncle Ted so he can run him through that survival game he used to have on tv.

Yeah they flip out, hell my own people flip out especially when I bring a deer home and hang him in the back yard! Not to mention I live in the heart of the hood. To be honest this is who I am . I love everything about the outdoors, I fish , hunt, camp, I use to shoot competition archery for awhile but it got in the way of my fishing so I had to give it up.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: wapitirod] #100815 01/20/2012 1:59 AM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Now you know Im gonna ask to see your Draco! Some me yours and Ill show you mine, LOL!

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100818 01/20/2012 2:09 AM
wtroper Offline
old hand
old hand
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing with us. I never expected that you were black. Never met a black handgunner before. I would really like to meet you & share some time. If you ever get to Texas, call me. I will drive 500 miles to meet you.

Last edited by wtroper; 01/20/2012 2:10 AM.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100842 01/20/2012 11:17 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
......especially when I bring a deer home and hang him in the back yard! Not to mention I live in the heart of the hood.....

Now that is just funny right there!!! Good for you, man! That takes some serious sack.

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: Dan B.] #100858 01/20/2012 4:55 PM
stoney Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Sorry to hear about your break-in. Don't these freaks know that they could wind up shot dead going into a man's home with bad intentions? I have a gun safe and feel better knowing that whoever wants my guns will have to bring a few sticks of dynamite.

Silver Doubles in His Holsters, Silver Stars Strapped to His Heels.------The Band Outlaws
Hurry Sundown

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: stoney] #100894 01/20/2012 10:51 PM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I GOT MY STUFF BACK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got all of my long guns back today, Im still missing my GP100 and a Fox Ranger Rod Pod but Im happy! Alot of my wood furniture is gonna have to be redone but thats nothing, Im a happy camper.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100950 01/21/2012 1:29 PM
cottonstalk Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I hate it for you and you seemed to have handled it well(alot better than I would have).Don't know where you live but in my area there are several hunting clubs that are predominately black.Use to be asked to go in and bear hunt a few times a year.Congrats on getting most of it back.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: cottonstalk] #100953 01/21/2012 1:51 PM
SChunter Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Asquires, congratulations on getting most everything back - hopefully the others will show up soon, especially with the word out.

And don't go gun closet - get a gun safe, bolt it down, weigh it down, etc...only regret I have is not getting one bigger.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: SChunter] #100968 01/21/2012 6:23 PM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
 Originally Posted By: SChunter
Asquires, congratulations on getting most everything back - hopefully the others will show up soon, especially with the word out.

And don't go gun closet - get a gun safe, bolt it down, weigh it down, etc...only regret I have is not getting one bigger.

I just got some more info on possibly another guy that was involved from my nieghbors mother this morning.

I thought about a gunsafe but I really dont have the room for it , my rooms are on the small side. Thats why I was looking into turning a small closet into a somewhat safe.

Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100971 01/21/2012 6:57 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Quote:
Thats why I was looking into turning a small closet into a somewhat safe.

With a little clever camoflage you can do just that. Don't know if you can add 1/2" steel plate all around the insides, but you can make false walls in the ends of bedroom closets so it looks like they belong there.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: asquires2] #100976 01/21/2012 7:52 PM
daywolf Offline
journeyman
journeyman
WOW !!!! man, you were lucky,be very diligent about the rest of the items you lost,check the local and surrounding pawn shops and the like<<<ASAP>>>>,and buy yourself a good safe. Mine are mostly in a fireproof high security safe,would not leave home unless they were! Good luck,my friend!

FREEDOM No words spoken holds greater hope demands greater sacrifice needs more to be loved bless more the giver curse more the destroyer or came closer to being Gods will on earth WORTH FIGHTING FOR!
Re: My house was broken into today!!!!!!!!!(RANT) [Re: daywolf] #100977 01/21/2012 8:30 PM
asquires2 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Yeah I feel blessed!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod