Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! #7540 02/18/2005 10:28 PM
Hindsite Offline OP
OP Offline
New York Animal Cruelty Bill Will Make Criminals of Sportsmen- (02/17)
New York
Join our e-mail alert list

New York sportsmen should urge state lawmakers to defeat an assembly bill that will make hunting a punishable act of animal cruelty.

Assembly Bill 1850, introduced by Assemblyman Alexander Grannis, D-New York, would revise the state’s definition of animal cruelty to include “killing or injuring...wild game and wild birds.” The revision would make legal hunting and trapping activities criminal offenses. The bill is being considered before the Assembly Agriculture Committee.

“The bill creates a contradiction in the law as the state code allows regulated hunting,” said Tony Celebrezze, U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance director of state services. “But the definition of animal cruelty in the bill makes hunting illegal.

“If AB 1850 becomes law, anti-hunters will have a field day ensuring that sportsmen are prosecuted on animal cruelty charges,” said Celebrezze.

Anti-hunting lawmakers nationwide are introducing vague or poorly worded animal cruelty legislation in an effort to outlaw hunting.

Assembly Bill 1850 bares striking similarities to a Texas bill that would turn common hunting practices into criminal acts of animal cruelty. Sportsmen in Iowa and Connecticut have also had to defeat animal cruelty bills that threatened hunting with hounds.

Take Action! New York sportsmen should ask your assemblymen to oppose AB 1850! Explain that this bill will make criminals out of law abiding sportsmen. To contact your assemblyman, call (518) 455-2800. Sportsmen can also find their legislators using the Legislative Action Center at www.ussportsmen.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information on this website can be reprinted with a citation to the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and www.ussportsmen.org

For more information about how you can protect your rights as a sportsman, contact The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, 801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229. Phone (614) 888-4868. E-Mail us at info@USSPORTSMEN.org

From the woods of Maine, Mark Luce
Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: Hindsite] #7541 02/25/2005 6:23 PM
WNY_Whitetailer Offline
What a crock...Do you think that the person that introduced this is from Manhattan? Hmmm...

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense
Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: WNY_Whitetailer] #7542 02/25/2005 6:48 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Probably from somewhere in the city, maybe we should build a wall around the city and give it back to the british out here in oregon we have the same issue with portland, they keep saying eventually a big earthquake will wipe it out but no luck yet

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: Hindsite] #7543 02/26/2005 12:08 AM
48panhead Offline
Yuppies Suck...........

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: 48panhead] #7544 02/28/2005 4:58 PM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Have any of these folk taken a walk around an abatoir. Most of the folk pushing this bill I presume eat meat. Perhaps attention needs to be turned to the fact that the steak that appears in city restuarants isn't grown in same foam containers it gets to the shop selves in.

Amazing what "well intentioned" people get right if they wrap proposed legislation in wrapper that seems reasonable until you scratch the surface.

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: RSA_LT] #7545 02/28/2005 9:05 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
RSA_LT, didn't you know cows are born in pre-cut packages now. If these people used my line of thinking that you should't eat anything smarter than you, they would all starve to death!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: wapitirod] #7546 03/02/2005 6:19 PM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Amen. Wait till the fruitarians get a word in. We'd be waiting for the fruit to willingly fall from the tree, lest we taint it (the fruit, vegetables,etc) with some as yet undiscovered hormone/pheramone,etc which is released as they are plucked from the ground (pulled off the tree,etc).

Where do we stop

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: wapitirod] #7547 03/02/2005 6:32 PM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Wapitirod, unfortunately some of the folk I know would rather believe that about cows - funny its normally the same folk who are first in the queue for meat after I've been hunting.

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: RSA_LT] #7548 03/03/2005 11:23 AM
Hindsite Offline OP
OP Offline
I think the word is hypocrites...........They complain about our honorable way of putting meat on the table and then drive through a fast food joint and get their prepared meat that is full of hormones and God knows what else.

Could these idiots ever survive on their own.......No , they would line up for our wild game that we harvest, except they would get none from me !!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up America, these bleeding hearts are like a disease and it is spreading. We as hunters need to be vigilant and stop fighting
over issues such as hunt preserves. Even animals harvested in preserves are a much more honest way of putting meat on the table !

Don't let the antis divide us, that is what they want !

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: Hindsite] #7549 03/05/2005 11:02 AM
Hindsite Offline OP
OP Offline
New York Bill Creates Anti-Hunting Office- (03/04)
New York
Join our e-mail alert list

A New York bill will create a new taxpayer funded office that will fight for the animal rights movement.

Assembly Bill 4306, introduced by Assemblyman Felix W. Ortiz, D-Brooklyn, will create an Office of Advocacy for Wildlife. The office will advise and assist almost every entity in the state including the governor, legislature, local governments, and state agencies on issues that pertain to wildlife conservation.

One of the office’s objectives according to the bill will be to “study, develop, encourage, and provide assistance for non-lethal management of wildlife.”

This objective is a covert move to introduce anti-hunting ideas into the scientific management of New York’s wildlife.

Furthermore, the duties of the Office of Advocacy for Wildlife created by AB 4306 are already carried out by the state’s Division of Wildlife and Department of Environmental Conservation. The Division and Department use scientifically based evidence when making wildlife management decisions. They have a stellar record of success in conservation and wildlife management. Assembly Bill 4306 is merely a vehicle to use tax dollars to advocate the political agenda of the anti-hunting movement.

Take Action! New York sportsmen should contact your assemblymen today and ask them to oppose AB 4306. Explain that the new office will contradict sound wildlife principles and duplicate services already performed by the Division of Wildlife. To contact your assemblyman, call (518) 455-2800 or use the Legislative Action Center at www.ussportsmen.org.

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: Hindsite] #7550 03/05/2005 6:15 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
when are these idiots going to pull there heads out, non lethal management has been proven to be a farce, it's cost prohibitive and cannot be done on a large enough scale to control population. I was talking to a fish and wildlife guy the other day about a simialar problem, predator control. where I live is just outside the city limits and we regularly have cougars eating pets and livestock around us, one even chased a ladies dog through the dog door and into her kitchen. I was asking him why they bother with trying to use live traps, these animals have already lost there fear of people and should be destroyed. His answer was simple, bleeding hearts, he admitted that the live traps are all but useless for the cats since they are not scavengers. He said out of hundreds of attempts they had caught one cat, only because the rancher let them use the llama the cat had killed as bait. According to him the tree huggers have effectively stopped them from controlling nuisance cats and in fact the only agency that can act with out consequence is the FDA. Somewhere along the line the human gene pool has become infected with the "stupid virus"

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: wapitirod] #7551 03/06/2005 8:31 AM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Time to stand up and fight this. Over here these guys will go to great lengths just to get their case through. Baboons, on the mountain limits of Cape Town's suburbs routinely raid houses and attack pets. One of the local wine producers with a vineyard block high on the slope loses 80% of this blocks production to baboons. Unfortunately the those who live with this problem have more to fear in protecting their property and livelyhood than they do from the "pests". The outcry which result after someone justifiable kills one of these (vicious) animals (they cornered in their house) is absurd. Its probably form the same bunch of people who on their drive around the more rural parts of the city stop to feed the "poor little monkeys" and in so doing turn them into pests.

With the lead up to the first CITES Conference where elephants were successfully added to CITES appendix 1, it was alledged that certain tree huggers employed locals in Kenya to kill elephants - this to prove that poaching was rife. Sorry this was the late eighties and I no longer recall the source - given time I can find it. The same bunny huggers are not in these impoverished countries and never see the result of their good intentions.

One elephant can destroy a small villages crops over night, and when overpopulation occurs as is now currently happenning in Botswana the effect is horrendous. Chobe's once lush Teak forests (which can sustain a fair number of elephant) are all but destroyed. Elephant usual graze whitin a few kilometers on either side of a water source and along the water source. Alas their is no longer any food near the water source due to the destruction that elephant cause. No after drinking the elephant must move some 5-10 miles away from the river to feed. Needless to say that route is no littered with dead elephant calfs. (Bye bye Elephant). Of course the villagers now see elephant as a pest with no value to them - creation of more poachers.

Yet one legally hunted elephant can generated enough forex to fence an entire game reserve and add a few extra paved roads. Or it can be used to compensate the local villagers whose crops are raided. But NO lets throw money at the government to ban elephant hunting.

Here I go ranting again. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT and don't wait for someone else to do it for you. That how we ended up with this new firearm legislation. Too amny people prepared for the few to fight for them.

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: RSA_LT] #7552 03/06/2005 9:15 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
the ones screaming about the baboons are probably the ones who believe they are related to them, here in oregon we have the most advance wildlife forensics laboratory in the country, and I have it from a very reliable source that they checked primate dna against human, and guess what, we aren't related. Sometimes though I wonder if some humans aren't really humans at all but varmints like your baboons and our coyotes. It seems from what I've read in recent years the only areas that have serious poaching problems in Africa are those that do not allow sport hunting, I don't know this from first hand experience but it makes sense to me. You know, Australia, the US and from what I understand South Africa have healthy populations of great whites, maybe we should all pitch in to send the bunny huggers on a shark watching trip, ONE WAY!

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: wapitirod] #7553 03/06/2005 3:39 PM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
You're spot on. Put a price on the animals head and suddenly local folk are happy to tolerate them - if not they're just another nuisance up there with locusts, baboons, etc. I try to remind the bunny huggers I meet, that without a price on those cute little lambs one sees on farms - they'd cease to be kept around.

Send the bunny huggers to me. They can get to see great whites up close.

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: Hindsite] #7554 03/07/2005 1:42 AM
48panhead Offline
None of them yuppies have any common sense, they can go to school for years and never get a clue.

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: 48panhead] #7555 03/07/2005 2:24 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
yeah they are pretty much a waste of perfectly good oxygen!

Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: Hindsite] #7556 03/09/2005 6:38 PM
WNY_Whitetailer Offline
Quote:

New York Bill Creates Anti-Hunting Office- (03/04)

Nice...As if NY State Government is not too big already...

Take away all the income from the sportsman in NY and other out of state license holders and you have an even bigger problem.

I tell you, I am one more stupid legislative move away from leaving this state. We are already overtaxed to the point that other states point fingers and laugh...Why do our politicians want to make us more of a mockery?

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense
Re: New York Animal Cruelty Bill aimed at hunters ! [Re: wapitirod] #7557 03/09/2005 10:09 PM
Hindsite Offline OP
OP Offline
Keep the fire burning guys........Don't let these A$$'S rule!!

Talk to your local reps, attend hearings and write letters to those who want to ruin it for every sportsman and women in New York.

Now go do what you need to do to stop these idiots.....The same idiots don't kill what they eat because " Their meat comes from Styrofoam and Plastic" ..........By way of the slaughter house that they have never been in! As a kid I worked in a slaughter house and know first hand how it gets to the Styrofoam package........They block that out, conveniently.

I'll eat Venison or other game meat and feel good about how it reached my plate !!!!!!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod