Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: cfish2] #113006 07/11/2012 9:58 PM
Seasons44 Offline
addict
addict
I forget what country has the law, but if you choose to file a lawsuit and lose, you have to pay for the other persons court and lawyer fee's. T
hat would cut down on the bs lawsuits, and maybe have people take responability.

Simple, Elegant, but always Approachable
Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: Seasons44] #113051 07/12/2012 3:06 AM
Lefty372 Offline
 Originally Posted By: Seasons44
I forget what country has the law, but if you choose to file a lawsuit and lose, you have to pay for the other persons court and lawyer fee's. T
hat would cut down on the bs lawsuits, and maybe have people take responability.

That is a great idea and is common sense......which is why it will never happen here.

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: Lefty372] #113060 07/12/2012 11:03 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Lefty372

That is a great idea and is common sense......which is why it will never happen here.

Exactly!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: Whitworth] #113066 07/12/2012 12:04 PM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Well truth is many countries have this in place. It cuts down on frivolous law suits and keeps the courts from being over whelmed. It also cuts down on the number of attorneys in those countries. This is one aspect of health care that not many will take on in this country due to the fact that lawyers run this country. Folks like John Edwards made their living off of bogus lawsuits that ended up costing all of us everytime we see a doctor. Tort reform would be the best thing to happen to this country. And when someone is stupid enough to shoot themselves with a gun because they didn't take the time to understand the firearm or handled it in a way that lead to their own demise then we should celebrate that moment as freeing up another spot on this earth for hopefully a more intelligent being!

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: tradmark] #113132 07/13/2012 3:31 AM
zac0419 Offline
 Originally Posted By: tradmark
bottomline is if ya don't follow the instructions it's your fault not the manufacturers. that goes for guns and video games, condoms, etc.

Too bad for FA that's not what a jury thought. They were found "partly" responsible. I don't understand how a company can be found liable if a individual used a item outside the parameters of the owners manual.

Broken system screwing an honest to God "American manufacturing company" building quality american made goods.

Last edited by zac0419; 07/13/2012 3:32 AM.

Zac
CO
Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: zac0419] #113142 07/13/2012 5:32 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
just look at the tobacco lawsuits. I use Copenhagen and have for 27yrs and I know the risk and it's one I voluntarily accept. I also smoked for about 10yrs, anyone that says they don't realize it can hurt you is an idiot. I have mixed feelings about asbestos too, yeah in the long run it was found to cause lung cancer but how many lives did it save from fire? The lawsuits I don't have a problem with are the pharmaceutical companies, it's been proven time and again that they will doctor up reports and studies just to get their drug to market and not lose all the money invested in r&d and even after the lawsuits they still make money on drugs that royally screw people up. This country has gone lawsuit crazy, I had a cop tell me once if I ever ran someone over (even if it wasn't my fault) to back over him again because dead men don't sue, of course their family might.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: wapitirod] #113153 07/13/2012 1:20 PM
wtroper Offline
old hand
old hand
Everyone blames the lawyers for the lawsuits. For them it is a job, a way to make a living. I blame the "idiots" on the jury. They are the ones with the hammer --- they make the decisions.

I once had a PI attorney tell me, "If I could always have a jury wherein no one had more than a 6th grade education, I would win every case." Sit in the jury pool & watch the lawyers pick the ones that they think "cannot think for themselves." That is their job. Those on the jury that usually want to give something to someone are the ones at fault.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.
Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: wtroper] #113194 07/13/2012 7:32 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
It's like they say about anyone not smart enough to get out of jury duty. I'm permanently off now, I told them I had a burr in my saddle with local DA and I figure he's corrupt. I guess they didn't like that because they excused me for jury duty. The thing is though I was serious, I've had dealings with 4 DA's in this state as a witness, plaintiff and defendant and from what I've seen they are all just over ambitious politicians.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: wapitirod] #113213 07/14/2012 12:09 AM
sc1911cwp Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I have an easy out of Jury Duty, but I have never used it. I think for me it's the cost of citizenship. My country asked for so little from me even after 20 years in the military. Maybe I'm that guy that can bring some sense to a decision. Maybe not. However, I vote, go to requests for Jury Duty, donate blood, support the police. You know, all those crazy things.

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: sc1911cwp] #113351 07/15/2012 11:52 PM
BRobertson Offline
stranger
stranger
All you have to do to get out of jury duty is to

tell them that you support the idea of

"Jury Nulification."

Which any thinking person would!!

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: BRobertson] #113365 07/16/2012 2:23 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
YA isn't that funny how a constitutionally protected right/ check and balance on gung ho prosecuters will get you the boot fatser then saying your a racist.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: Seasons44] #113367 07/16/2012 2:59 AM
jwp475 Offline
old hand
old hand

I know that some states have such provisions for law suits where the loser pays the winners costs

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: jwp475] #113370 07/16/2012 3:52 AM
Lefty372 Offline
 Originally Posted By: jwp475

I know that some states have such provisions for law suits where the loser pays the winners costs

All states should have that. Of those that do, it would be interesting to see if they have a lower rate of lawsuits.

Re: FREEDOM ARMS LAWSUIT [Re: Lefty372] #113378 07/16/2012 10:51 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Lefty372
 Originally Posted By: jwp475

All states should have that. Of those that do, it would be interesting to see if they have a lower rate of lawsuits.

I am willing to bet that's the case.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 48 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod