Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas #115602 08/13/2012 7:54 PM
bobhanson1 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
MidwayUSA informed me today that they do not ship to APO/FPO addresses (i.e. Soldiers overseas, most often in wartime area like Afghanistan). They told me it was "for the safety of our troops" which is ironic considering I was trying to purchase a knife from them for me to "protect my own safety"...

Given their ill-informed policy (multiple other companies including Blackhawk, Amazon, etc. ship to us at APO boxes using USPS at no additional charge to us or the shipper) I would ask that you all call/email them and voice your displeasure with them, as well as not spend any money with them until they try to help their country's service members help themselves!

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: bobhanson1] #115612 08/13/2012 11:48 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
will do

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: wapitirod] #115620 08/14/2012 2:30 AM
freedom475 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I stopped sending them "ANY" of my money several years ago....there shipping costs are criminal and there return policy sux!!

Now this info really seals the deal for our military guys serving us!

Just go compare there cheap Pietta cap&ball revolvers to Cabela's......NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."
Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: freedom475] #115636 08/14/2012 10:42 AM
mike.44 Offline
addict
addict
Will do

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: mike.44] #115641 08/14/2012 11:46 AM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
CPT, send me a PM of what you want and I'll mail it to you; if you keep having a problem. I also know a few custom builders. One is a veteran; I'm sure he'd be happy to build and mail you a quality knife.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: bobhanson1] #115642 08/14/2012 12:13 PM
Mike Hefner Offline
I agree! Will NOT buy from them again and I am removing MidwayUSA from my contacts and asking them stop sending me their ads.

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: Mike Hefner] #115649 08/14/2012 1:12 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
Note to self... DO NOT use MIDWAY!!!

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: Raptortrapper] #115681 08/14/2012 11:44 PM
paul0 Offline
JUst sent midway a "nice email" and emptied my cart of the supplies I was going to order for me new long range pistol..

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: paul0] #115685 08/15/2012 12:25 AM
paul0 Offline
And Here Is the reply that I got:
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your recent email concerning shipping restrictions on our products. At MidwayUSA, we do our best to comply with all local, state and federal laws regarding restrictions on products that we sell. Please understand that the destination restriction boundaries are controlled by the United States Postal Service, and are not regulated by MidwayUSA. We are constantly reviewing these restrictions since it is in our customers' best interest to be able to receive our full line of products. I apologize for any inconvenience, but we are not able to ship products to APO or FPO address. To ship products we would require a valid stateside address. It is not our intent to appear that we don't support the troops especially since Mr.. Potterfield is retired Military.Their are just rules and regulations that we have to follow. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT; and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Erika

MidwayUSA Customer Service

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: paul0] #115693 08/15/2012 1:28 AM
JD HHI 6092 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
When I was in Iraq, Amazon would not ship a knife to me. I didnt whine I sent it home and my wife shipped it to me with one of the care packages she sent me.

While in Iraq, I ordered a 5.11 shirt from Midway. When I got home 3 months later I didn't like the color. I called, sent the shirt back and they refunded my money, no problem. That's great service.

You can say that you support the troops all you want, but your actions speak louder than your words.

MSgt, USAF, (Ret)
Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: JD HHI 6092] #115719 08/15/2012 9:22 AM
bobhanson1 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It isn't a matter of whining-why should you have had to pay to not only ship an item to your stateside address, but then to yourself when deployed when it is perfectly legal to have it sent straigt to you?

They sent me the same BS response posted above. Their site already screens out items you can't ship via the post office if you select USPS as your method of shipping so it is strictly ignorance of the law on their part as you can ship firearms accessories, knives, etc. to an APO quite legally, and again it's easy enough to send it to my wife to have her send it to me, but that amounts to a $15 tax on said item sheerly due to a company being misinformed. Blackhawk, Amazon, etc. all ship duty items to include knives to APOs and simply stick a sticker on the box stating it's an exempt item so they don't have to bother with the customs forms (they also have to be approved shippers for USPS...) Again, just highlights Midway's arrogance and lack of attention to details, something they used to be good at...

Re: MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas [Re: bobhanson1] #115738 08/15/2012 12:45 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
This isn't just a Midwayusa issue. I have had problems shipping "things" to APO accounts for the last 6 years. One time I had to ship a package to my friend's friend who lived in Germany who had a physical address off base.

Its our military who is CYA'ing themselves and not allowing packages to be sent. They have to be careful because they don't want bombs being sent to them in non discreet boxes either...

People here may not understand this concept, but I have had a lot of friends over in the litterbox and they have to be careful too...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 122 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod