Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Poor boy's trigger job.... #8126 03/21/2005 5:06 PM
DakotaElkSlayer Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, could you guys check out this link and give me your input on it? Any concerns?
http://www.gunblast.com/Poorboy.htm

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Poor boy's trigger job.... [Re: DakotaElkSlayer] #8127 03/21/2005 5:25 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I don't think you could hurt anything that way.
Removing one leg of the trigger spring is pretty standard practice & helps.
I have no doubt that "marrying" the trigger & hammer might clean things up a bit, but a gunsmith like Stush on this sight will be doing far more on the gun. There are a lot of surfaces to polish & deburr, along with looking at sear engagement.
I guess if your trigger is fair from the factory, that article would be a good place to start.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Poor boy's trigger job.... [Re: DakotaElkSlayer] #8128 03/21/2005 9:57 PM
cyberhick Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I did it to my Super Blackhawk and it made a great improvement. There was a guy who even thought it was a professionally done trigger job. Now, it isn't as crisp as what i would like it to be, and i'm sure a professional gunsmith could do a much better job, but i like the fact that everything done to my Ruger to make it more accurate and shootable, i did myself.

cyberhick

Re: Poor boy's trigger job.... [Re: cyberhick] #8129 03/22/2005 12:12 AM
DakotaElkSlayer Offline OP
OP Offline
Cyberhick,
What else did you do yourself, if you don't mind me asking?

Jim

Re: Poor boy's trigger job.... [Re: DakotaElkSlayer] #8130 03/22/2005 5:14 PM
cyberhick Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I put on a scope mount and installed a belt mountain base pin which required a bit of fitting. In the future i'm looking at freewheeling the cylinder, installing a new end bushing on the cylinder, and converting it to 5-shot. I'm also contemplating on installing a bisley style hammer and possibly a bisely grip frame. After that it will be stuff for looks, like burly maple wood grips and a high luster blue finish or a camoflage type finish or maybe a teflon finish with flames. It seems that the only thing i couldn't do on my own would be to put the fancy finishes on, so i dont know how comfortable i would feel if someone else touched my baby, however, i'm a sucker for shiny and/or pretty things.

cyberhick

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod