Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why do you handgun hunt? [Re: Gregg Richter] #119015 09/30/2012 4:48 PM
Night Stalker Offline
journeyman
journeyman
 Originally Posted By: Gregg Richter
 Originally Posted By: Night Stalker
Got tired the animal being just out of bow range.

Wow! Amazing answer.

What the heck does that mean. It the truth hear in Az you don't sit in a tree most of our archery hunting is spot and stock and unless really lucky shots are long.

Re: Why do you handgun hunt? [Re: Night Stalker] #119037 10/01/2012 1:37 AM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Nothing meant personally to you, Night Stalker. I really liked your honest reply so I used it to reinforce a friendly debate I was having with Jamesfromjersey. I hope that didn't offend you in some way.

I love bowhunting but first love is handgun hunting. Our "debate" is which method of hunting is "more difficult." All in fun.

As a matter of fact I am going to start a new topic on this under Off Topic right now, just for fun.

Re: Why do you handgun hunt? [Re: Gregg Richter] #119280 10/03/2012 2:59 AM
HoggHunter Offline
addict
addict
Because I like to hunt. there was a time when i ran thru the woods with a bunch of other orange clad sportsman, but I soon realizedthat we weren'thunting the deer, we were coursing the deer. and that the lucky ones that were too old to course, got to be on stand and shot at the bums doing the coursing. Like Cfish I watched too many westerns, so I had some single action revolvers, and long days that were spent on the seat of a tractor were broken up shooting at woodchucks with revolvers, because they were easier to carry than rifles. In the early eighties, I shot IHMSA and acquired a contender and found that I could shoot that as accurately with that as most of my peers could shoot their scopesighted shotguns. But when I started hunting with that contender, I found it easy to be successful. It doesn't matter whether I am hunting with a muzzleloader, or a centerfire rifle or a revolver or a specialty pistol, my shooting skills and hunting skills combine to make me successful. Knowing my limitations and the limitations of my equipment cause me to have the patience to wait for the right opportunity, rather than to heave five and pray for good luck.but the biggest reason I hunt with a handgun is because I can.

Re: Why do you handgun hunt? [Re: Gregg Richter] #119283 10/03/2012 4:21 AM
Night Stalker Offline
journeyman
journeyman
[quote=Gregg Richter]Nothing meant personally to you, Night Stalker. I really liked your honest reply so I used it to reinforce a friendly debate I was having with Jamesfromjersey. I hope that didn't offend you in some way.

[/quote
None taken Thankyou I thought I did something wrong

Re: Why do you handgun hunt? [Re: Night Stalker] #119403 10/04/2012 3:28 AM
Tuner Offline
I hunt with a handgun to put a challenge back into deer hunting. I am an X Master class competative shooter and with todays rifles, scopes and hunting equipment a standing deer out to any reasonable distance is an easy harvest. Hunting with a handgun will require the ethical hunter to either "hunt" or to pass on many shots that would be easy with a rifle.

Re: Why do you handgun hunt? [Re: cottonstalk] #119545 10/06/2012 4:51 AM
Midwesthunter11 Offline
I have hunted deer for years with a shotgun and I find I flinch a heck of a lot less with a handgun even the heavy magnums vs a 3in shotgun slug lol !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod