Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Took the wife shooting. #119672 10/08/2012 8:15 AM
junebug Offline OP
Gun Slinger
OP Offline
Gun Slinger
Had to go to the farm today to check cattle and check sights.My wife wanted to go along[always a bonus to me].Took the .308 Striker,Blackhawk .45 and .44 mag and a contender in .358 JDJ.
My wife likes to shoot and hunts with me but had never shot any of my big pistols.I Set up a couple of rocks 3x3 in at 114 yds when I set up the paper also set a 8 ln steel target at 184 yds..Sat her down with the .308 on the 3x3 in rocks and she smoked both with her first two shots ever with the 308 Striker.
She had trouble with the scope finding targets but the Weaver is picky about head position till you get used to it. especialy on higher powers. Put her on the steel next and it took her a couple of shots{looking into the setting sun made it tough}. Then she put the next 3 shots on steel at 184 yds. I may have created a monster. Next time I will take the .223 it will be easier on her wrists. A very good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junebug
Re: Took the wife shooting. [Re: junebug] #119681 10/08/2012 2:04 PM
lagbolt44 Offline
addict
addict
junebug, you are a lucky man! My wife never understood till I took her to the range! She shoots more often now than I do! lol! As long as I keep "her" supply of 38's well stocked everythings fine!She's got 3-4 friends shooting w/her!

The 9 most terrifing words in the english language: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"-Ronald Reagan
Re: Took the wife shooting. [Re: lagbolt44] #119686 10/08/2012 2:56 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
I count myself as one of those lucky enough to be married to their best friend. My wife has started shooting lately as well. We even got her concealed carry permit done a couple weeks ago. She is excited about getting her rifle for elk season this year, and was excited to have her own tag.

I'll be the luckiest man in the world this November. I get to take my wife and my 16 year old cousin on their first hunting trip ever! I've taken my share of animals, so they get to shoot first. My tag will be the last one filled, so if that happens, the freezers will certainly be full! I'm gonna try to get some of the guys I have in the oil field involved as well. Some of them are already talking about getting tags next year, so just maybe we will have a few more hunters out there next season. One is talking about getting a handgun setup too!

Last edited by raptortrapper; 10/08/2012 2:57 PM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: Took the wife shooting. [Re: Raptortrapper] #119694 10/08/2012 5:43 PM
lagbolt44 Offline
addict
addict
wtg! I have more fun taking the grandkids out than I ever did alone! I'm begining 2 understand why GRAMPS was so keen to have me tag along. When I'm out with the kids I see so much more!Like when their eyes lite up when seeing a track,a bird,animal or just an unusual tree or flower, Of coure all the WHYS slso. ENJOY!

The 9 most terrifing words in the english language: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"-Ronald Reagan
Re: Took the wife shooting. [Re: lagbolt44] #119699 10/08/2012 11:24 PM
linebaugh Offline
addict
addict
I also created a monster when I first took my wife shooting. The first time was shooting clay's with my Browning Citori, after her shooting almost all my reloads and two clay birds left. She turned an d looked at me and said, Oh did you wanta shoot? LOL, that is how it's been since that day. I load'em up, she shoot'em up. 308 striker,45 colt,or shotgun it really doesn't matter. The only thing that really matter's is that we have fun together. That's what marriage is all about..

//Psalms 42:1//

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 104 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod