Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo #132430 05/18/2013 12:38 AM
Boot Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I've had a hankering to see how the "cast bullet" crowd lives, and see how a cast wfn performs on deer this fall. I'm not 100% sure handloading is going to be for me yet, and dont necessarily want to depend on my handloads yet to hunt with. After researching tons of material on cast bullet design and performance, I decided to go fairly heavy, WFN design. In todays ammo crazy world, it seems everything is backordered and alot of manufacturers are just too busy to even answer the phone. Yesterday, I emailed Doubletap, inquiring about their 320gr 44mag cast ammo. I didn't expect a reply within a week to be honest. My reply from Mike McNett came within a few hrs, answering my questions, and letting me know he had the ammo in stock. I called today, and placed my order with a super nice lady, who said that they were all running ragged with the demand. A short couple of hours after my order, I received an email, with a UPS tracking number , and projected delivery date of next week. I have never shot any Doubletap ammo, so I can't comment on quality or consistency yet, but thought it worth a mention after such a good experience and first impression with their customer service. All to often, all we ever hear about is when somebody is mad. I will post again, after a range session, but if their ammo is as good as their service to a first time customer with alot of questions, I think it should be top notch. That's all, I just wanted to share what I thought was exceptional service, relevant to our sport.

Re: My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo [Re: Boot] #132432 05/18/2013 1:50 AM
Franchise Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I have heard nothing but positive comments about this company. They seem to be top quality men & women, which is nice to hear of in this day & time.

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind
Re: My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo [Re: Franchise] #132434 05/18/2013 2:03 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I have used Double Tap ammo extensively and have had nothing but good results. Their customer service is great and they make a great product. That load you ordered is one of my personal favorites for the .44 Mag and I have taken a number of animals with it.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo [Re: Whitworth] #132443 05/18/2013 6:34 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I haven't used their product but I've heard nothing but good.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo [Re: Whitworth] #132449 05/18/2013 11:30 AM
zac0419 Offline
 Originally Posted By: Whitworth
I have used Double Tap ammo extensively and have had nothing but good results. Their customer service is great and they make a great product. That load you ordered is one of my personal favorites for the .44 Mag and I have taken a number of animals with it.

+1

I have shot many of their 45 Colt loads and been very happy. Taken only one deer with their ammo but performed as advertised. I know companies like Doubletap and Buffalo Bore could someday be "too big for their britches" but they have continued to do the right thing so far.

Good for them.

Zac
CO
Re: My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo [Re: zac0419] #132460 05/18/2013 5:46 PM
Mark Hampton Offline
old hand
old hand
ditto on what others have expressed. I shoot a lot of different cartridges from DoubleTap when testing/reviewing guns and hunting. I have found this ammo to be top-shelf plus, Mike McNett is a super nice person.

Re: My 2¢ about Doubletap ammo [Re: Mark Hampton] #132808 05/29/2013 6:47 AM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i've found their hardcast bullets to be a touch on the soft side but they've killed just fine. good quality and good prices imho.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 48 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod