Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
wolves #132490 05/19/2013 12:34 PM
campbellkids Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The latest Idaho hunting regs have an idaho map showing were elk populations are the weakest. It just happens to be were the wolves are the strongest. We cannot seem to get as many as the quotas. We need help filling the quotas. The moose population is gone in some of those areas. Book a trip here and take a few dogs home with you.

Re: wolves [Re: campbellkids] #132496 05/19/2013 1:30 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
Wolf = overgrown coyote = worthless.

...I hate 'em both

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: wolves [Re: campbellkids] #132497 05/19/2013 3:09 PM
wyote Offline
addict
addict
 Originally Posted By: campbellkids
. The moose population is gone in some of those areas. Book a trip here and take a few dogs home with you.

Before the wolves moved in I used to be able to run up the river from my place and see any where from 3 to 12 moose in an evening any time of the year. I've even had them stay behind my house most of the year.

Now your lucky to see that many in a year!!!!!!!!

Re: wolves [Re: wyote] #132499 05/19/2013 5:39 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
you would think Oregon would have learned from what you guys are going through. Instead they are raising taxes to pay ranchers for their losses and the game animals are on their own. You had also better have bite marks on you if you kill one as your not allowed to shoot them to protect livestock but only human life but it has to be obvious to the state cop and wildlife biologist that check it out. We had two that were slated for termination as they were confirmed livestock killers. The one was the alpha male and the other his son. The tree huggers had the killing stopped in court but two weeks later they found the younger wolf dead and although they sent it to the USFW forensic lab in southern Or they were unable to get any leads on who did it. I personally am glad and I'm one if I saw if happen I'd tell the cops to sit and spin. We had one wolf wander diagonally across the entire state including crater lake park and thats what REI and the tree huggers are trying to use to shut another 500000+ acres plus down. They say it's prime wolf habitat, well the whole state is just that since they range from the deserts to high country and that's what Oregon is made up of. We have the littles bastards at my family's property in NE OR but so far I haven't run into them, can't say what I'll do until the time comes. We were lucky enough to have a nice guy from Idaho smoke one of our other males when he crossed back across the snake. He was nice enough to send the collar back to ODFW.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: wolves [Re: wapitirod] #132501 05/19/2013 5:59 PM
rlb Offline
old hand
old hand
Well I have seen plenty of tracks here and there, but not any to fling lead at so far. The hound hunters keep them down around here. I still need to talk Primos into putting out a bunch of treeing hounds sound for their callers.

Re: wolves [Re: rlb] #132503 05/19/2013 9:59 PM
campbellkids Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Good idea, they need an ap to record your own and play it on their machines. Did you see the regs? I don not know if the fo and go is for them or againest them.

Re: wolves [Re: campbellkids] #132504 05/19/2013 10:17 PM
rlb Offline
old hand
old hand
They were encouraging people to go in on the middle fork of the salmon river since that is where there is a good concentration of them. The only problem with that is it is inaccessible during the winter unless you fly it and in the summer if you have horses or hike in.

Re: wolves [Re: rlb] #132507 05/19/2013 10:37 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
people don't seem to get there is a reason they were killed off before. I have nothing against wolves and in fact I own a hybrid which is my second of the breed and I love them. Wild wolves don't belong here, it was fine before humans and nature balanced it'self out but we've changed things to a point that there is no room for the wolf or the grizz in the majority of the lower 48.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: wolves [Re: Raptortrapper] #132509 05/19/2013 11:12 PM
racksmasher Offline
old hand
old hand
 Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
Wolf = overgrown coyote = worthless.

...I hate 'em both
I could not agree more.

Re: wolves [Re: wapitirod] #132511 05/19/2013 11:45 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod
...can't say what I'll do until the time comes.

Put me down as one who will shoot, GLADLY!!!

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: wolves [Re: Raptortrapper] #132515 05/20/2013 1:09 AM
rlb Offline
old hand
old hand
Until it bite the tree huggers in the wallet or kills one of their kids they will never get it.

Re: wolves [Re: Raptortrapper] #132520 05/20/2013 2:56 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod
...can't say what I'll do until the time comes.

Put me down as one who will shoot, GLADLY!!!

I feel the same way but a federal wildlife felony doesn't sound like fun either.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 101 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod