Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! #8895 06/01/2005 11:45 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
OK...so maybe that's an estimate but I put a hurtin' on a hive of bee's on the back wall of my shed!! Turns out I have a large hive of honey bee's that have lived in my shed for a long, long time...I've only been here about 21 months. They go in along the rear window frame and build in the walls (it's wood exterior and plaster interior walls) and have been doing so for so long that they actually have the wood worn away along the frame. So last evening I grabbed the bee killer and a can of expandable foam! I sprayed and sprayed then foamed the hole shut and watched for them to start crawling out in other places and when they would I'd spray in there then foam that hole shut. After sealing all the holes outside I went in the shed and poked small holes in the plaster. Working on one hole at a time, bee's would start falling out the hole there were so many...so I blasted them with killer, spray a bunch inside the wall and foam the hole shut. Did this until I ran out of foam. Going for more today to continue the battle!!

Anyone have better tips for erraticating a nasty bee hive inside a wall?? I was going to have them removed but did not want the exterior of my shed torn up...and that would also cost money...which I have better ways to spend that other than on bee removal!

Re: 2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! [Re: Dan B.] #8896 06/01/2005 11:55 AM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
lol.....thats some serious varmint huntin sounds a lil tougher than burnin a big hornets nest off the end of the tractor shed, as i did here last summer. although maybe not quite as dangerous.
set it on fire....n run fer yer life! hehe n hope the shed don't burn down

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: 2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! [Re: Dan B.] #8897 06/02/2005 4:16 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I've been known to use a shotgun on a nest or two of bald faced hornets, paper wasps, and yellow jackets but thats kind of hard on walls, although you could just put in some extra windows afterwards.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: 2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! [Re: Dan B.] #8898 06/02/2005 7:13 AM
a17shooter Offline
If those were honey bees, what are you gonna do about the honey? I think you will have a whole mess of ants pretty soon.

A17Shooter

Re: 2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! [Re: a17shooter] #8899 06/02/2005 9:38 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
I did some more strategic extermination yesterday. In two places that I poked a hole in the wall, honey literally ran out of the hole in a steady stream. I still have a small section of wall that I think they are inhabiting...when I hit the wall the bee's start buzzing pretty loud. I am making progress though. It's supposed the rain most of the next week so I won't be able to paint the shed so I'll continue on the bee's.

I'm not too worried about ants...they can also be handled with a spray killer. BUT we do have some large black furry critters that would be interested in the sweet stuff iffin they get a whiff. If fact...we've had two of those get hit on the road in the last two weeks...one over 400 pounds (scaled) and a smallish 150 pounder.

Re: 2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! [Re: Dan B.] #8900 06/02/2005 4:02 PM
slavage Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
well hell danie
looks like we got a place to go bear hunting now this fall lol your back yard

dave

Re: 2,957 confirmed dead in one day of hunting!! [Re: slavage] #8901 06/03/2005 9:02 PM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
I have won the war! All the bee's have been "harvested" and their combs removed from the wall. Now I can continue with my pressure washing and painting. But the forecast shows rain for the next week.....aaarrghhh!

DAN DECLARES VICTORY in HONEY WAR!! [Re: Dan B.] #8902 06/05/2005 4:44 PM
a17shooter Offline
Congrats on a successful campaign.

A17Shooter

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 72 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod