Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gotta Love Politicians #8903 06/01/2005 7:25 PM
RSA_LT Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
South African National Newspapers carried a rather inocuous by line: "Government to investigate canned lion hunting".

This automatically gets most people's approval. Canned Lion hunts have got much press and public outcy has been large.

However reading beyond the first paragraph reveals perhaps somewhat sinister intentions. Reference is made to the investigations is to go beyond canned hunts and address the hunting industry as a whole. Particularly its sustainability, etc, etc you know the story. Role players have been appointed, the piece continues, to a portfolio committee set up by the minister of environment and tourism (a political chameleon who lacks any morals - my byline).

Lets see who where the role players. Go one have a guess. Well some chap from the world wildlife fund, the national SPCA, a local community representative, a hunter (go figure) and a member of the local food and allied worker's trade union (yep I don't know why he is there either).

Special mention was made that they'd be looking closely at the local hunter's and bow hunter's (still don't seem to realise that you can hunt with handguns).

Great news. This could mean more job losses and hunting in RSA. It seems odd that this is meeded when recently a report on the hunting industry was bringing much needed forex. In some areas the hunting industry brought in more revenue than the next three most successfull industries.

Guess the policians need to earn their keep by messing us around.

Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: RSA_LT] #8904 06/01/2005 9:17 PM
7STDUBBERU Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Makes no sense, I guess they would be happier with the loss of revenue generated by legal hunting and the next obvious step would be the rampant poaching for the black market. All polititians at some point make no sense.

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: RSA_LT] #8905 06/02/2005 4:20 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I still say we feed em to the great whites and start over!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: wapitirod] #8906 06/02/2005 4:48 PM
RSA_LT Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Come over & visit. We can use ours as a test run (some of the best great white "viewing" to be had within 2 miles of my place) when we run out we invite yours.

We can satisfy the bunny huggers at the same time and fill a valuable hole in white shark research - why, how, when attacks happen on humans.

Would be apex predator - politician - meets genuine apex predator - Great white. 200 million years of evolution can't be wrong.To be fair, that is we aren't unreasonable, we can arm them - with a camera.

Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: RSA_LT] #8907 06/02/2005 8:10 PM
WNY_Whitetailer Offline
Sounds fair to me...

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense
Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: WNY_Whitetailer] #8908 06/03/2005 9:19 PM
huntkng Offline
addict
addict
Hey guys!! What have you got against the poor sharks! What did they ever do to you that you'd feed em that kind of garbage?? The sharks would never eat a lawyer, they don't eat their own.
Bill in OR

Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: huntkng] #8909 06/04/2005 12:20 AM
7STDUBBERU Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
You are right, why punish the sharks. Unlike dogs, sharks can't lick their ass too get rid of the taste.

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: 7STDUBBERU] #8910 06/04/2005 9:58 AM
Steve_Robinson Offline
stranger
stranger
FWIW - The papers only told half the story regarding the hunter - His name is Stewart Dorrington and he's the President of the Professional Hunters Association of South Africa.

Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd www.kuduland.com
Re: Gotta Love Politicians [Re: RSA_LT] #8911 06/05/2005 5:46 PM
Saint Offline
stranger
stranger
It seems to be the same old story everywhere. I hope Americans wil wake up soon, and get their heads out of their butts and end this battle over hunting. But that is a big pipe dream. I am doing all I can!

We all need to come together and fight the LEFT for our RIGHTS!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod