Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Iowa--Anybody else? #133756 07/02/2013 1:59 PM
PythonHunter Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I live and hunt in Southwest Iowa just south of Council Bluffs. Anybody else in Iowa hanging out here and hunting with the short guns?

PH

Re: Iowa--Anybody else? [Re: PythonHunter] #133899 07/07/2013 2:18 PM
cmillard Offline
stranger
stranger
1st post here. I like the site. been hunting whitetails here in iowa since they opened the season to handgunners. have been hooked ever since. sold my shotguns in fact, now just strictly handgun. from strawberry point, hunt my parents timber next to backbone state park--God's country!!!

Re: Iowa--Anybody else? [Re: cmillard] #133956 07/10/2013 1:14 AM
PythonHunter Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Glad to hear about the switch to handguns. I was the same way, fell back to the long guns for about a year in hopes of shooting way too far with a muzzleloader to score the booner, then came back. The personal satisfaction is worth not having the biggest one on the wall.

If you make it west, give a shout and we'll get together to shoot.

pythonhunter-Greg

Re: Iowa--Anybody else? [Re: PythonHunter] #133981 07/11/2013 1:37 AM
cmillard Offline
stranger
stranger
to be honest, I would like to see iowa go away from shotgunning for deer and see handgun, archery, muzzle loading and the single shot buffalo style rifles only. I don't think that shotgunning deer is hunting, it is slaughtering. that generally means they are group hunting and that is how people get hurt or my neighbor's house gets shot. just plain fools out there!! I could really care less if someone in the hunting party gets hurt or worse, it is the possibility of others getting hurt. I remember the very first morning when the State allowed shotgunners at Backbone State Park. I was at my parents and had just stat down by my normal tree and started waiting for deer. I could hear what sounded like a war zone off to the south east--the north entrance to the park is about 1/2 mile as the crow flies from my parents. that is not hunting. just my 2 cents

Re: Iowa--Anybody else? [Re: cmillard] #135109 08/27/2013 7:40 AM
Naveed123 Offline
stranger
stranger
personal satisfaction is worth

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 48 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod