Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Naked man attacks hunter #136515 10/12/2013 9:48 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
I don't know what to say about this, it's on about 45 minutes from my house and close to where I deer and elk hunt. Things just keep getting more and more strange in this state. I really want to move to WY.

http://www.walb.com/story/23659711/deput...medium=facebook

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: wapitirod] #136516 10/12/2013 9:53 AM
campbellkids Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
You dont think that there are strange things happening in Wyoming!

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: campbellkids] #136517 10/12/2013 10:30 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
not as strange as what goes on 70 miles from Oregons version of San Francisco, also known as Portland or "Potland". He probably picked some of the wrong mushrooms.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: wapitirod] #136521 10/12/2013 12:59 PM
chas3stix Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe he was high on wacky tabacky....:)

NRA Benefactor life Member
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: chas3stix] #136522 10/12/2013 1:45 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
I can hear that conversation now after the hunter got the upper hand...

Bad guy: "Give me your clothes or I'll hit ya with this rock."

Hunter: "Give me your rock or I'll shoot ya with this gun!!!"

Bad guy: "Ok, you win...."

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: Raptortrapper] #136525 10/12/2013 4:17 PM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: raptortrapper

LMFAO. I can tell you knowing myself and a lot of other "Good Ole boys" around here he's lucky he didn't get his balls blown off just out of twisted humor.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: wapitirod] #136526 10/12/2013 4:42 PM
doc with a glock Offline
old hand
old hand
Rod,

Probably another "ACORN" demoncrap looking to expand their voter base for 2014. He was dressed in emperor Odumbo's new clothes.

Doc

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: wapitirod] #136527 10/12/2013 4:49 PM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod
 Originally Posted By: raptortrapper

LMFAO. I can tell you knowing myself and a lot of other "Good Ole boys" around here he's lucky he didn't get his balls blown off just out of twisted humor.

Heck, I live in Tennessee. I'd hate to imagine what would have happened if he went after some of the good ole boys around here.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: chas3stix] #136528 10/12/2013 4:58 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: chas3stix

I've heard they grow some good stuff up that way, but methinks it would take something a bit stronger to posess a man to strip down and attack a man with a gun, with a rock. I cannot fathom how the hunter even allowed him close enough to make contact. In any event, Tarzan needs a little solitary.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: s4s4u] #136530 10/12/2013 5:37 PM
Boot Offline
addict
addict
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: chas3stix

I've heard they grow some good stuff up that way, but methinks it would take something a bit stronger to posess a man to strip down and attack a man with a gun, with a rock. I cannot fathom how the hunter even allowed him close enough to make contact. In any event, Tarzan needs a little solitary.

Yeah, I just can't see lettin' a nekkid fella get close enough to me to swing at me with a rock.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: Boot] #136532 10/12/2013 6:19 PM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
I don't know if he snuck up on the guy or what happened but if it had been me the guy probably would have gotten a 240gr XTP out of my 454 before that rock got near my head and if he did get to me, once he tried strangling me he'd be dead. I am going to see if some of my friends in law enforcement can tell me some more and I'll let you guys know.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: wapitirod] #136543 10/13/2013 1:59 AM
Bearbait in NM Offline
old hand
old hand
It's pretty obvious that having a gun to hunt does not necessarily equate with making the decision to protect one self against deadly force. I have been fortunate that at our ranch, the mere presence of a firearm has to date make folks tend to behave. About the last thing on this earth I would want to use is deadly force against someone who was either mentally ill or outside their normal mind on drugs. But ill or drugged, there would be a line for me. The moral high ground seems kinda low, if your skull is crushed, or lyrnx crushed.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: Bearbait in NM] #136552 10/13/2013 12:03 PM
mike.44 Offline
addict
addict
If it happened in the deep south the nut case would probably have gotten the "Deliverance" treatment. LOL

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: mike.44] #136554 10/13/2013 2:34 PM
Rupe430 Offline
Here in Christmas Valley you can buy over the counter Tags for naked guys with Rocks!

Talk about bizzar! To wierd!

I would have capped him as soon as he charged me with that rock in his hand right at the point when he's intended target was my head.
He must have.caught the hunter off guard or as already posted snuck up on him.
Rupe

44mag Ruger SBH Hunter
Savage Striker .308win. .243, .270win
If you don't like Logging Then try using plastic toilet paper!
member sence 07 due to techno glitch had to re-register
Shot computer!
<><
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: Rupe430] #136564 10/13/2013 3:40 PM
nuclearweasel Offline
If you read the news article they were neighbors. You would be hard pressed to shoot the neighbor kid regardless of what he was doing. Im not saying that i have a high tolerance for naked folks hitting me with rocks, but i find it easy to believe that a grown man with a gun would go to great lengths not to hurt a youth that was obviously unwell. Most imortantly i feel this incident highlights that we dont have a gun control problem in this country, but rather a mental healthcare shortfall.

Did you know that there are magical animals roaming wild, converting vegetables into bacon as we speak?
Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: nuclearweasel] #136566 10/13/2013 4:00 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
 Originally Posted By: nuclearweasel
Most imortantly i feel this incident highlights that we dont have a gun control problem in this country, but rather a mental healthcare shortfall.

True, but I was waiting for that last sentence to end with "...but rather a rock control problem"!!

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: nuclearweasel] #136568 10/13/2013 4:08 PM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
I still think it was drugs, living in the area I am more than familiar with the drug issues here and this is the typical type of problems we encounter. My farrier and friend is the most senior deputy on the Sheriffs department here and he busted one of the assistant DA's from Portland a few years ago at his own wedding reception. The DA came over here to get married and he and the majority of his party decided to get stoned in a public park, of course since he was black he started yelling racism out of the gate. I was attacked by my neighbors grandson (30+yrs old) about three years ago and I made it a point while testifying against him at a restraining order hearing that if he ever stepped foot on my property again I would assume it was to do harm to myself or my family and I would kill him. I meant what I said and the little bastard has avoided me as best possible for all the time since. The neighbor aspect I don't find to be an issue, the fact is this world becomes a better place every time some people quit breathing. In this area in particular though I would make an educated guess that about a third of the population smokes dope and a quarter are on meth with shrooms, pcp and heroin mixed in. That is pretty bad in a county of 23000. That should explain why in a town of only 4500 I carry concealed or open every where I go, even if it's just to the grocery store.

Last edited by wapitirod; 10/13/2013 4:09 PM.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: wapitirod] #136578 10/13/2013 10:24 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
Hell I carry concealed AND open everywhere I go, and there are less than 2000 people here!! Only time I'm not carrying is if I have to go to the oil field, and it is against policy to carry on those locations. We have been trying to get that changed, but so far, we can't do it.

Makes me nervous every time I have to go to the locations cause I know I'm not carrying it with me. Its an empty feeling.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter [Re: Raptortrapper] #136589 10/14/2013 1:36 AM
Rupe430 Offline
A rock in the hand that is being swung at your head is plenty of reason to shoot someone. That hunter could have been killed. Not the way I'm going out that's for dang sure.
Even out here in the middle of no where I carry. I have seen to many things that have happened to people that could have been avoided if they had been carrying.
Rupe

44mag Ruger SBH Hunter
Savage Striker .308win. .243, .270win
If you don't like Logging Then try using plastic toilet paper!
member sence 07 due to techno glitch had to re-register
Shot computer!
<><

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 99 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod