Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Holsters #95 01/20/2004 7:37 PM
Andyhunter Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I wanted to say "HI" to everyone and introduce myself. I live northwest of Chicago and have been handgunning for about 8 years. I love it and am slowly selling off all of my rifles.
My question is, do most people use slings or holsters, when carrying their guns in the field. I have bought just about all the holsters that I can find for my T/C, and haven't found the perfect one. I have a Uncle Mike's, an old T/C made one, a bandaloro style, and I just a beautiful Bianci holster. What's left???

Re: Holsters [Re: Andyhunter] #96 01/20/2004 7:44 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Welcome - I use a sling mainly because I don't like all that weight on my belt and I've had a few holsters too. The only one I'm tempted to try is from pistol packaging but it's a bandalero style. One I used this year for my FA 454 is essentially a big rubber band with loops on the end to wrap around the gun and it was quite comfortable but has to be removed for any serious shooting. It also wanted to bounce a little when walking but overall I liked it.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Holsters [Re: Andyhunter] #97 01/20/2004 7:54 PM
Stush Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have the Bandito Shoulder Belt from Pistol Packaging Inc. . I have had it for several years and think that it is the best thing that I have found for the TC. It is easy to get on and off, rides well while walking, and the gun is ready to go quickly when needed. Plus the price is right.

It also works well for revolvers, but I use it more for the TC. For revolvers, I like a regular gun belt and holster.

Stush
Re: Holsters [Re: Gary] #98 01/20/2004 7:55 PM
Andyhunter Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks. How can I get my photo posted on the side?

Re: Holsters [Re: Andyhunter] #99 01/20/2004 8:33 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Edit your basic profile to add an avatar. For now the pic will have to exist on the net already.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Holsters [Re: Gary] #100 01/20/2004 11:01 PM
jim257 Offline
addict
addict
gary where did the "rubber band sling"come from,it sounds like something i may want to try.jim257

get-r-done
Re: Holsters [Re: jim257] #101 01/20/2004 11:07 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Good question - I haven't a clue how to get another one. I got it at a show and I think the guy was making them. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Re: Holsters [Re: Andyhunter] #102 01/20/2004 11:29 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i use a sling for my TC's. the one i use is a "super sling" made by outdoor connection. i picked one up at a local wal-mart, and the other at a local gun shop. it comes in 1", and 1 1/4" wide nylon. i have both sizes, and have no preference other than the 1" may save a minor amount of weight. it adjusts very easily also.
i have come up with a system that works very well for me for the 14"-15" guns. this sling will shorten up pretty short, and i wrap it over my left elbow, with my left hand on the forearm. i then apply outward pressure with my left arm, and slight opposing pressure with my right hand on the grip. it's amazingly steady, and i'm gonna say i can shoot these pistolas offhand(sling supported) just as easily as i could a offhand rifle shot. any nylon sling would work, as long as it will shorten enough so as to fit over your left arm when in shooting position.
this is how i shot both deer this past season, and it works well with a long eye relief handgun scope.

Last edited by KYODE; 01/20/2004 11:31 PM.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Holsters [Re: KYODE] #103 01/21/2004 3:35 AM
SureShot Offline
stranger
stranger
I have that one that Stush posted the link to. Its alright....I guess...I don't know, never use it. Don't know if I'm supposed to have a special belt for it so it be on my chest or if its just a side holster.

The one I use is my Uncle Mikes Bandolier Holster. Like it, but . Only thing I don't like about it is the loud snap the button makes when you go to un snap it to pull the pistol out. Not good when hunting deer. I also don't like how it moves around on you. I wish there was some way to tie down the bottom of the holster to like a belt or something.

I don't know much....But I do know that I'm to picky I'm just waiting for the next gun show to come thu so I can run in and look at what there is.

Keep It Simple
Re: Holsters [Re: Andyhunter] #104 01/21/2004 4:00 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Andyhunter, I carry a 9.5" Super Redhawk with scope in the Bianchi holster. I like it.

Sure Shot, you might like the Bianchi. On the Bianchi the strap wraps around your back and hooks to the holster just below the trigger guard. It holds the holster tight to your side. There is also a strap on the inside at the bottom for a belt to slip thru. I don't use it. When I sit down I can push the holster up away from my hip. I don't use the snap because it does make too much noise. I usually carry the holster under my hunting jacket so I would have to be standing on my head for the gun to slip out.

Good luck finding the right holster. Sometimes it's easier finding the right gun!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Holsters [Re: Tigger] #105 01/21/2004 4:10 AM
SureShot Offline
stranger
stranger
Yea Tigger, was crossing a something and watched my T/C slide right out of my under arm holster and right onto the ground. Had just got the gun and had already put a ding in it.
I'll have to keep my eyes out for a Bianchi.
Thanks!

Keep It Simple
Re: Holsters [Re: Gary] #106 01/21/2004 7:48 PM
jim257 Offline
addict
addict
thank's gary,jim

get-r-done
Re: Holsters [Re: Andyhunter] #107 01/23/2004 12:11 AM
greenhorn Offline
stranger
stranger
I use a holster I made, it clips to my belt and is carried on my thigh. There are two straps that go around my thigh. It sits like a tactical thigh holster. I like it a lot.

Dennis

Re: Holsters [Re: SureShot] #108 01/23/2004 1:10 AM
Stush Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Quote:

I have that one that Stush posted the link to. Its alright....I guess...I don't know, never use it. Don't know if I'm supposed to have a special belt for it so it be on my chest or if its just a side holster.

SureShot,

The Bandito Shoulder Belt is sold separately from the holsters that are made by Pistol Packaging. Their holsters are fairly utilitarian, but used in conjuction with the shoulder belt they really wear well for me when hunting.

Stush
Re: Holsters [Re: Stush] #109 01/31/2005 3:15 PM
charliec Offline
stranger
stranger
have you ever worn it with a pack? I'm going elk hunting this fall and am looking for a holster to carry a 500 s n w.

Re: Holsters [Re: charliec] #110 01/31/2005 5:41 PM
Stush Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I use a CamelBak HAWG pack when hunting. I wear the Bandito belt under the pack straps and have no problems. It is very comfortable. I have never tried it under my frame pack. I may do so this next fall hunting season if everything work out.

Stush

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod